Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guy's

My car now is 2 years old , it has about 70000km (around 43000 miles), i was thinking about getting another car(porsche caymen 07).. then i couldn't imagine a car without a HEMI , so i decided to keep the 300c another 2 years.

So i want to do new mod's that makes me feel that i have i new car (paint - bag's - new rims). I'v read a thread here about a member wanting to paint the 300c FLAT BLACK , some agreed and the others didn't like the idea.
and now i wana do it !!!!!!

any suggestions ? :smashfrea
is there something that i have to put in mind before doing it ? :scared:

thanx in advance

my car :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Heres the best source for making it happen

Hi there guy's

My car now is 2 years old , it has about 70000km (around 43000 miles), i was thinking about getting another car(porsche caymen 07).. then i couldn't imagine a car without a HEMI , so i decided to keep the 300c another 2 years.

So i want to do new mod's that makes me feel that i have i new car (paint - bag's - new rims). I'v read a thread here about a member wanting to paint the 300c FLAT BLACK , some agreed and the others didn't like the idea.
and now i wana do it !!!!!!

any suggestions ? :smashfrea
is there something that i have to put in mind before doing it ? :scared:

thanx in advance
Heres the best source for making it happen:

Hot Rod Flatz

Good luck, Im gonna do my wheels with it.

Meech

·
Registered
156 Posts
bags would be sweet, rims of course...but what about making your car stand out a lil' bit...

ive seen flat gold before...and it is WOW!

or a really cool like flat silver would be bad ass and i have never seen it before...it would be sick...with some matte clear coats...ooooo weee!

heres flat gold

flat black doesnt stand out that much to me any more IMO but still looks great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
622 Posts
The thing about flat black it it has to be applied correctly to get an even finish.

I have seen many flat black cars that were done incorrectly and looked splotchy.

The key is an even coat. Pay the extra and have it done by an expert in flat black who will show you other cars he has done.

If done properly it looks very nice.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
the cars in the pics posted above look like they are all in primer waiting for paint :biggrin:

The chevy (or GMC...whatever....) truck looks like it was done with a rattle can -- check out the splotches on the hood! :pat:

Sorry.....doesn't do it for me, but it IS different that's for sure.

·
Registered
286 Posts
you are going to spend big $ to get the job right. Save the paint job money and get a Cayman (as a second car)

·
Registered
622 Posts
you are going to spend big $ to get the job right. Save the paint job money and get a Cayman (as a second car)
Naw, Naw, Naw!

I think it may look cool!

Trust me, I'd rather pop for the new paint than the new CAymann.

The other cars in the photo's look really good. But the truck in the pics definately looks like it was done by a non-professional!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
SRT HEMI NJ : thanx for the site:) , don't forget to show us the wheels

smoove7410 : flat white !! i don't think so.. , i want something new that turn heads.

300cKID16 : cool pic:) , i would do the flat gold if i had the same SLR in the pic and wanted to match all the gold things that i have at home:joke: .

RTP SRT8 : yeah , u r right it has to be done by a pro. don't want the car looking like the GMC truck:thumbsdow

kevenj: yup, it's different .

THSRT8: the CAYMAN wil cost around 50000$ us , the new paint job + new wheels + bags + 2008 rear end will coast much less $$$, this will make me buy a 911 after 2 years from now :biggrin:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Naw, Naw, Naw!

I think it may look cool!

Trust me, I'd rather pop for the new paint than the new CAymann.

The other cars in the photo's look really good. But the truck in the pics definately looks like it was done by a non-professional!
I agreed, Flat Black looks great when it's done RIGHT but how much would that cost?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agreed, Flat Black looks great when it's done RIGHT but how much would that cost?

Nice Porsche!!!!!!!

I know a guy who paid over $50,000 for a "pearlescent" paint job that changes color when you look at it from different angles.

This wasn't the cheap rub on paint color or the spray can stuff.

He told me the stuff costs like $30,000 a gallon with real pearl dust in it.

Anyone who thinks that flat black doesn't look good just needs to look at the above pictures to see the truth.

I wonder, living in Saudi Arabia, you could just leave the car outside in the sun for a while and the paint would flatten out by itself and the heat.

·
Registered
286 Posts
SRT HEMI NJ : thanx for the site:) , don't forget to show us the wheels

smoove7410 : flat white !! i don't think so.. , i want something new that turn heads.

300cKID16 : cool pic:) , i would do the flat gold if i had the same SLR in the pic and wanted to match all the gold things that i have at home:joke: .

RTP SRT8 : yeah , u r right it has to be done by a pro. don't want the car looking like the GMC truck:thumbsdow

kevenj: yup, it's different .

THSRT8: the CAYMAN wil cost around 50000$ us , the new paint job + new wheels + bags + 2008 rear end will coast much less $$$, this will make me buy a 911 after 2 years from now :biggrin:
Yes, you should get a 911 and they will let you pick any (almost) color you want for $4000

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
a nice 300c in the Attachments :fing02:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
the cars in the pics posted above look like they are all in primer waiting for paint :biggrin:

The chevy (or GMC...whatever....) truck looks like it was done with a rattle can -- check out the splotches on the hood! :pat:

Sorry.....doesn't do it for me, but it IS different that's for sure.
that truck is in primer. Im assuming the others are some sort of hot rod flatz or similar otherwise the paint would never last seeing as primer is porous.

Flat and chrome is a greaaat look.

I did however see this color in person and I think its nuts!

scion paint code gold rush mica

or the previous release series..

i am also extremely fond of this fj cruiser blue which is a little darker then the Porsche riveria blue (and probably cheaper)

The gallardo orange is also a good choice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts