Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got this at auction. I’ve replaced bcm and programmed it. New key fob and programmed it. Replaced starter. New battery. Just replaced ESM but still no lights on that. Everything has has lights just no crank and no start.

Code still says lost communication with TCM.

HELP!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Maybe it would help if you cross-post it three or four more times.

No idea if this is your first flood car or not, but, if you don't have pics or other indications of where the W/L was, the very first thing I would do is pop off a door panel on each side and find the W/L, and use that to determine what you've got to work with in terms of potentially dirty and/or corroded connections, wiring, sensors and/or modules.

If you've replaced the BCM, and I'm guessing you meant to say the PCM, you'll need to make sure your TCM is programmed as well. There's also a TCM adaptation that will be required once it's running. What did you use to program the BCM? Were you able to get the configuration from the original BCM?

I don't know what you mean when you say "no lights" on the "ESM" and "everything has lights".

If you're reading communications errors, you might already have an advanced scantool. If you don't, for a project like this, AlfaOBD will easily pay for itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe it would help if you cross-post it three or four more times.

No idea if this is your first flood car or not, but, if you don't have pics or other indications of where the W/L was, the very first thing I would do is pop off a door panel on each side and find the W/L, and use that to determine what you've got to work with in terms of potentially dirty and/or corroded connections, wiring, sensors and/or modules.

If you've replaced the BCM, and I'm guessing you meant to say the PCM, you'll need to make sure your TCM is programmed as well. There's also a TCM adaptation that will be required once it's running. What did you use to program the BCM? Were you able to get the configuration from the original BCM?

I don't know what you mean when you say "no lights" on the "ESM" and "everything has lights".

If you're reading communications errors, you might already have an advanced scantool. If you don't, for a project like this, AlfaOBD will easily pay for itself.
Thx for responding! This is my 36th flood car. First Chrysler. WL was about 8 in up from bottom of car. However the cleanest flood I’ve ever worked on. 2017, no cosmetic imperfections whatsoever. This is totally electrical.

fords and chevys are what I’ve always done in the past. Also I drained the oil (full of water) and replaced the oil and filter. Transmission oil had no water in it.

i has a maxidas Autel scan tool. No I meant Bcm. Normally flooded cars have corrosion every where but not this car. It’s crazy you’d never be able to tell it was flooded that bad. However bcm circuit needed replaced. Every other car I’ve done that’s always the main problem. I have the witech subscriptions to program bcm etc.

Esm is the floor shifter. All other idiot lights come on except that. I even got another one from lkq and it still won’t light up.

how would I program the tcm and what do I need to do to it once it’s running??

·
Registered
978 Posts
You can find the TCM Adaptation Drive Learn Procedure here. If you have access to wiTech you should be able to perform it with no problem.

I thought that you had replaced both the BCM and the PCM. If you haven't replaced the PCM, I'm not sure you need to go through all that.

So you programmed the BCM with wiTech? Were you able to get the original configuration from the old BCM?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts