Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I was hitting a freeway onramp, floored it for fun (was probably doing 20 and wanted to hit 70!) and right at the top of 1st, the car shifted out, and then completely stopped accelerating for at least a second or so, then.. VROOOOM! Back to full out throttle.

I figured it was just a glitch or maybe I triggered ESP somehow, so today I'm doing the same basic thing, only starting off slower, and the SAME THING HAPPENS!
:twak:

I know it's been giving a nice thud on the 3-5 upshifts when I'm going down a road and let off the thottle lately, but I am beginning to wonder if maybe a bit of water is leaking into the transmission through that o-ring or not!

Thoughts? :smashfrea

·
Registered
631 Posts
I've never had this happen in Auto mode, but in manual mode I can reproduce it pretty easily. I thought it was normal operaion. How I get it to happen is drive around at about 40-43 MPH while in 2nd gear, smash the gas and then drop it to 1. The car will rev out on 1 wait about a second (seems like the tranny is thinking) and then take off and switch to 2. Don't know if its some sort of safety mode for the tranny but its done this since I bought the car in 04.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This has happend to me but for some odd reason my whole trottle shut down but my car was still on and I was hitting the trottle all the way and the car wasnt pushing as if I wasnt hitting the trottle at all. After 5-10 sec the gas pedal worked again. I think its a electrical issue.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny thing is I've been checking this out lately and haven't been able to reproduce it either, same onramps too!

Oh well :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts