Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the flowmaster's on my 300c today, I was going to go with magnaflows but thought I would take the chance and put the flowmasters on. I am liking the sound alot it has a real throaty roar to it now.

Anyone else go with flowmasters just curious? I have read alot of posts about people with magnaflows, zoomers, etc... but nothing on the flowmasters I like mine anyways just curious who else has them.

I am stuck though on what CAI to get though I can't make up my mind about the Volant or the K&N I want to order one this weekend what do you guys think would go good with the flowmasters?

Thanks all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
Cant go wrong with the

MOPAR CAI It looks and fits better I am told, which makes sense, since it is made by Chrysler

I am installing mine tomorrow am and the the magnaflows when they arrive from TByrne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chasb said:
MOPAR CAI It looks and fits better I am told, which makes sense, since it is made by Chrysler

I am installing mine tomorrow am and the the magnaflows when they arrive from TByrne
Thanks then I will look into the MOPAR CAI as well then appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
SamsonXD said:
I put the flowmaster's on my 300c today, I was going to go with magnaflows but thought I would take the chance and put the flowmasters on. I am liking the sound alot it has a real throaty roar to it now.

Anyone else go with flowmasters just curious? I have read alot of posts about people with magnaflows, zoomers, etc... but nothing on the flowmasters I like mine anyways just curious who else has them.

I am stuck though on what CAI to get though I can't make up my mind about the Volant or the K&N I want to order one this weekend what do you guys think would go good with the flowmasters?

Thanks all
...I too,have the Flowmasters,LOVE the sound-but just a tiny bit loud for my fiance' . I added a 12" glasspack and 4" chrome tips , sounds still great-but not as loud,has that low rumble at idle, deeper growl as you accelarate,WOT sounds Wild-"Unleash the Beast".
As far as the CAI..I have the K&N dropin,with a modified air box-works just fine
...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I put the Flowmasters yesterday (40s) and love it. Was gonna go the Borla route, but have always had good success with Flowmaster and did not see any reason to change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Flow Master

SamsonXD said:
I put the flowmaster's on my 300c today, I was going to go with magnaflows but thought I would take the chance and put the flowmasters on. I am liking the sound alot it has a real throaty roar to it now.

Anyone else go with flowmasters just curious? I have read alot of posts about people with magnaflows, zoomers, etc... but nothing on the flowmasters I like mine anyways just curious who else has them.

I am stuck though on what CAI to get though I can't make up my mind about the Volant or the K&N I want to order one this weekend what do you guys think would go good with the flowmasters?

Thanks all
Have them on and simply love the sound ! Now I know that yes, it's got a " HEMI".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
JUST FINISHED MOPAR CAI install

Whatever they said about throttle response and growl is T R U E

Car performs 100% better. Can't wait until the magnaflows come in

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Any sound clips?

Does anyone have a sound clip of the Flowmasters? I've heard Zoomers, Borla, and Magnaflow, but have been hoping to hear Flowmaster sound....

Any sound clip would be appreciated. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
how much did yall pay for the flowmasters? and whered you get em? my friend has them on his impala SS with a vette engine in it and they sound pretty.

im thinkin about getting the flowmasters, doin the 'cheap exhaust mod' and cutting out the rear resonators and adding some dual tips. what do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
SamsonXD said:
...I am stuck though on what CAI to get though I can't make up my mind about the Volant or the K&N...
Samson, in case you've not already ordered 'wanted to toss in a thought or two:

1. If still thinking about K&N be aware that their true CAI is the K&N Aircharger 63-1114, not the Typhoon, which isn't a CAI system. The Aircharger, BTW, is my preference between it & the Mopar simply because I can find K&N dyno charts showing what it will do (most impressive-available on any K&N Web page) whereas I've been unable to find a dyno run with the Mopar to compare it with, so its ponies are an unknown to me.

2. As I've stated elsewhere, the Mopar definitely wins the looks category IMO, with chasb's pic looking so good I'm thinking about making a screen saver out of it, with his permission of course. :)

Your choice, obviously. I chimed in primarily to caution you against the Typhoon if you're looking for a true CAI.

I know you'll enjoy whichever you choose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Removed inadvertent duplicate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Flow Masters

SamsonXD said:
I put the flowmaster's on my 300c today, I was going to go with magnaflows but thought I would take the chance and put the flowmasters on. I am liking the sound alot it has a real throaty roar to it now.

Anyone else go with flowmasters just curious? I have read alot of posts about people with magnaflows, zoomers, etc... but nothing on the flowmasters I like mine anyways just curious who else has them.

I am stuck though on what CAI to get though I can't make up my mind about the Volant or the K&N I want to order one this weekend what do you guys think would go good with the flowmasters?

Thanks all
Went with Flow master duel chambres straight through th 3 1/2 " S/S Ractive tips and am loving it !!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and check out the Dyno's on CAI's on LX forum. Then check out our posts on air silencer re3moval.

Been there, done that and it's awesome. Jet chip is in glove box because I want to fully gauge the MPG increases.When donr properly, tghrottloe response is direct to say the least.I went with intake mod first & was thoroughly impressed with throttle response ( WOT noise was secondary but brought back " old fond memories".1.2 MPG increase. Unrestricted air in.

After exhaust mod sound of intake is " 000000". Now it sounds like a HEMI on start up.Performance gains +++ G forces " sucks in the stomach" ( a feeling I haven't experienced since 19676.

To date, this is what I call a perfect balance, with the draw back of a " DRONE" @ 85+ MPH on the open road. I'm going to wait til the mufflers burn out and possibly add on 2 Cherry Bomb " glass packs" tom try to put down the " Drone" @ MSD High end.Will keep all updated on progress.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
909 Posts
For a royalty, you can use my CAI picture all you want

Meister said:
Samson, in case you've not already ordered 'wanted to toss in a thought or two:

1. If still thinking about K&N be aware that their true CAI is the K&N Aircharger 63-1114, not the Typhoon, which isn't a CAI system. The Aircharger, BTW, is my preference between it & the Mopar simply because I can find K&N dyno charts showing what it will do (most impressive-available on any K&N Web page) whereas I've been unable to find a dyno run with the Mopar to compare it with, so its ponies are an unknown to me.

2. As I've stated elsewhere, the Mopar definitely wins the looks category IMO, with chasb's pic looking so good I'm thinking about making a screen saver out of it, with his permission of course. :)

Your choice, obviously. I chimed in primarily to caution you against the Typhoon if you're looking for a true CAI.

I know you'll enjoy whichever you choose.
Just kidding.. Thanks for the compliment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
I've got the Mopar CAI. Sounds great and looks AWESOME!!! It is a bit more expensive though, but it was worth it to me.

I've read through the intake shootouts on the lx forums, and honestly guys, you won't notice any horsepower gains with any of them. They're so small, you won't feel it. So IMO, I'd go for looks and sound, and that is the Mopar one. Just IMO though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Flow Master cost

lennoxavesosa said:
how much did yall pay for the flowmasters? and whered you get em? my friend has them on his impala SS with a vette engine in it and they sound pretty.

im thinkin about getting the flowmasters, doin the 'cheap exhaust mod' and cutting out the rear resonators and adding some dual tips. what do you guys think?
$ 441.00 in and out the door. :AR15firin :AR15firin
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top