Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some time searching posts for this option, but seems most add an aftermarket muffler in place of the suitcase and then delete the resonators. Then complain about drone. Will this option give me a bit more rumble yet eliminate the drone when MDS kicks in?

Dave

·
Registered
118 Posts
Spent some time searching posts for this option, but seems most add an aftermarket muffler in place of the suitcase and then delete the resonators. Then complain about drone. Will this option give me a bit more rumble yet eliminate the drone when MDS kicks in?

Dave
I thought when people referred to the "suit cases", they were in fact talking about the resonators. Maybe I have it wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, unless I'm wrong the suitcase is the middle muffler near the center of the car, and the resonators are what look like mufflers near the tailpipes.

Dave

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dave t you are right,i replaced the suitcase with magnaflows and cut my resonaters off and im happy,ive heard the flows before and they sound good

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yabbut - I'm talking about leaving the stock resonators on to eliminate drone.

Dave

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dave,

I just had Flowmaster Super 44's installed and I left my stock resonators on. It is way to queit for me. I just ordered Blastin Bob's pipes with the resonators. This should give me the sound level I am looking for and not have that annoying MDS drone.

There is a clip on you tube with this set-up on a charger:

YouTube - Flowmaster 44s with Blastin Bob's Resos

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hoowee. Thanks for the link. That there is pretty loud, but I know the sound clip was taken directly in back. Which Bob's are you going with?

Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool! Actual glasspacks though? Won't those get louder over time as the stuffing deteriorates?

Dave

·
Registered
231 Posts
take the resonaters off you will be happy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts