Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone here please tell me, with absolute certainty, WHICH flowmaster 44s fit on this vehicle? (part number would be nice but diameter/ offset/straight etc will work) ...
Thanks.

If you've done this, I'd appreciate your input. Also, any 'other' modifications necessary, i.e. welding, extensions, etc, or is this a 'direct replacement DIY project' ?

Thanks again.

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
Offset/Offset, 2.5" inlet/outlet, 18" can/22" OAL (may still need a bit of pipe at one end - it's hard to exactly duplicate the stock muffler length) and yer good to go.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My 2011 is 2.25".

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Unless they went bigger on the Gen2's... mine was 2.25" offset. I am running Delta Flow 40's.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Maddog

Offset/Offset, 2.5" inlet/outlet, 18" can/22" OAL (may still need a bit of pipe at one end - it's hard to exactly duplicate the stock muffler length) and yer good to go.

yes... "verified by Chrysler" ... 2.5 ... those Flow boys gotta get their stuff together!
Thanks again MadDog....

:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I guess they switched from 2011 to 2012, because I used 2.25" Magnaflows on mine...even for the resonator delete from Blastin' Bob's they list the size as 2.25" for years 2011-14, and I bought and installed this as well...

Reactions: GenoTex

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
0.25" difference ain't no big deal to fit up. Either a pie-cut on the pipe, a small machine expansion bell to expand one end or a short 2.25" to 2.5" adapter will all work. And a 0.25" difference either way won't make ANY performance difference for a stock 5.7L engine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Either way it IS easy enough to fit. I was only stating what I personally installed and it was not too difficult as a DIY job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts