Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked this up off of ebay, Flowmaster resonators without mufflers...

How do you think it would sound as is sits now?

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I cannot believe so many people pay money on such average exhaust systems like Flowmaster, Blastin Bob's or even Magnaflow when you can remove the resonaters from the stock set-up and end up in about the same place. IMO, get the CORSA or Zoomers, or don't waste your time and money.

Eric

·
Registered
463 Posts
You do realize the price difference between those brands you are comparing right? Just saying, Corsa is really expensive and the people that are shopping for a new sound would go for the more affordable alternative.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I'm also saying that if you only want to spend a few hundred, then you may as well only spend abour $200-300 and enjoy the stock exhaust. I really think you end up with as good a sound and performance as anything else you end up with for less than $500-$700. Im putting around with my $250 exhaust because it's either that or $1250 which I just cannot justify for how good the stock with resonaters-removed sounds.

I'd be willing to compare it with anything that goes for the low-throaty sound which is the BB or Bassani or Flowmaster or Magnaflow or SLP. Whenever I hear a CORSA or a Zoomers I'm hearing something different than the rest. I realize this is just my opinion though.

Eric

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm also saying that if you only want to spend a few hundred, then you may as well only spend abour $200-300 and enjoy the stock exhaust. I really think you end up with as good a sound and performance as anything else you end up with for less than $500-$700. Im putting around with my $250 exhaust because it's either that or $1250 which I just cannot justify for how good the stock with resonaters-removed sounds.

I'd be willing to compare it with anything that goes for the low-throaty sound which is the BB or Bassani or Flowmaster or Magnaflow or SLP. Whenever I hear a CORSA or a Zoomers I'm hearing something different than the rest. I realize this is just my opinion though.

Eric
I agree with Eric here. The corsa sound is weak. So they may be the most R&R'd exhaust and all that, but for $1200 you get barely louder than stock and maybe good for 10-15hp. That's about 2-3% increase in hp. That's about how much hp variance there can be between motors according to the srt engineers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts