Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So honestly.... I got the factory navigation in the C, looks like my only option for upgrading the stereo with keeping the factory navi is an fm modulator.... those of you who already have it...wuddya honestly think? and also Ive read about the digital modulators that lock onto the signal automatically and give u full signal, they said u cant tell the difference... then again... this is coming from the company who makes them sooooooooooo..... i wanna hear from the people that HAVE em.... Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
351 Posts
even with a 'clear' station you will get some static.
If you are an audiophile you might not like modulation.

If you have an ipod there are a couple of manufactures that will be making an interface.

search for iCruze by monster and peripheral electronics.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not so picky

I've had one in mine for my MP3 player, and i'm perfectly happy with it. Sounds fine to me, just as good or better than the CD player IMO. Don't flame me, I said it was my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had and FM modulator for a couple of months an the sound quality is passable IMO, nothing more than that. Some fixed static plus fuzziness is what I'm getting.

You would defnitely want a better solution if it were available at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
r u guys talkin abour regular fm modulators ar do u guys have the digital one?, cuz as i am aware, theres a big sound quality difference...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also..... does anyone know where the factory amplifier is, i figure 350 watts is to big to be built into the head unit, and if so, do u think it would be possible to replace it with your own, or maybe tapping into it to make your own input, i simply refuse to believe theres no way to tap into the stereo besides an fm modulator, if avelevtronics.com can override the video screen why cant we tap into the factory stereo.... I would definitely upgrade to an aftermarket system but truth is... I actually love the factory navigation system and how everything is built in with that clean factory look, I jus wanna add some bass and MAYBE upgrade the highs, with possibly my own amps...theres jus gata be a way...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my buddy jus asked me a good question.... he said theres a plug in for sirius radio right? is there anyway to use the sirius input as your own input, maybe wire it so the dvd player will go in through that.... it obviously has an input in the back for the satellite radio, im no wiring genius, but if someone could wire a sirius antenna into a pair of rca's lol - i know it sounds far fetched, but im looking at every possibility we have here...

·
Registered
351 Posts
laidback,

There are a couple of members namely wesexcellence and aspendog who are the audio 'experts'.

From what I understand there are extra connections in the rear.
If you don't mind, what are you trying to connect?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for takin an interest!, as u know avelectronics can over ride the nav screen for video, but as for the audio from the dvd, it looks as though you are stuck using the fm modulator... Im looking for a direct connection, I dont want to you use an fm signal...p.s. im using stock navigation and sgII - if that helps

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Yeah, FM modulation will sound only as good the FM signal, no better, perhaps a little worse. It is a reasonable compromise if you are not an audiophile nut. I have a Dell DJ (20 gig HD) and will probably go this route given I like my stock Nav etc and don't want to compromise on my steering controls, evic directions etc with an aftmkt nav radio etc.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so for all of us that dont really care about the ipod but do care about the input, we need to find out where they plan on inputting this thing so we can make a mod for there mod....prefereably a pair of rca's... for ps2, xbox, dvd player...

and also...

those of you who have the stock navi but have upgraded amps or bass or whatever.... how did you get the output out of the navigation... i know you can tap off the speaker wires in the back but thats G - H - E - T - T - O
I want a realistic option....its gata be possible people! jus gata be!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts