Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally replaced the cheap plastic part located in the Fog light housing. I was initially going to use the thin aluminum mesh that alot of members use. It appears that this was too unstable and will eventually break or be ripped apart. I chose a thicker mesh with larger diamond cuts. COST $10. 2 primer coats and 3 coats each of paint and Clear.

1st pic is a comparison of the 2 different types of mesh availible at Lowes.

Installed and painted

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
That looks awesome!
How'd you get the mesh to stick in there? Glue gun or something like that?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks awesome!
How'd you get the mesh to stick in there? Glue gun or something like that?
No glue. You want to make sure you cut the Mesh with a little larger than the opening. Then you use the 4 plastic clips that are already on the fascia to 'lock' the mesh in. This is done by bending and using a Dremel tool to make cuts in those clips and simply (not really simple) inserting the mesh into those cuts. It's holds very snug. Unfortunately, I didn't take pics of that.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks great man, nice job on that!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
No glue. You want to make sure you cut the Mesh with a little larger than the opening. Then you use the 4 plastic clips that are already on the fascia to 'lock' the mesh in. This is done by bending and using a Dremel tool to make cuts in those clips and simply (not really simple) inserting the mesh into those cuts. It's holds very snug. Unfortunately, I didn't take pics of that.
That doesn't sound too bad.:biggrin:
Anyway, it looks awesome!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts