Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mopar has released the Fog Lamp kits for the Base, Touring, & Signature editions that were not equipped with them. This is a complete kit designed to be identical to the factory option. This kit includes everything to complete the task, excluding tools now. The kit retails for $129.00, and we are currently offering for $109.80, and shipping should be about $9.00 in the lower 48. We have several kits on order, so get your name on the list. Stock is available, so wait time should only be about 1-2 days.

Limited Time Offer
Free Shipping to anywhere in the continental 48 States.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello, I assume when you say everything needed means including the fog lamp grills and the needed electrical items?
Does this kit just plug in? What about dash controls?
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have not yet been able to verify the components included in the kit. We are assuming, based on past experience with Chrysler, that this is a complete kit for vehicles without fog lamps. This kit should come with the bumper inserts that the factory fog lamps mount behind. It states that this is a direct factory look, so I am also assuming that it comes with a new headlight switch with the fog lamp switch made in it. Once we get a kit in stock, we will be able to verify all of these for you. Expecting delivery on Wed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and for a while, I will throw in the shipping for the lower 48 States. This should bring us below any competitors prices.

For a limited time only
FREE SHIPPING!!!
Available only on the continental 48 States.

The free shipping offer is subject to cancelation without notice.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fog lamp kits have arrived, several orders are shipping out today. Here is the details of all that is included.

2 Fog Lamp Bumper Bezels
2 Fog Lamp Assembly
1 OEM Switch
1 Relay
1 Jumper harness
1 Lamp Harness
1 Package of screws and speed nuts

These are EXACTLY like the factory lamps, and switch. Well, they are factory lamps and switch.

·
Registered
323 Posts
is this something that i can do myself, or will i need to take it somewhere? i have a descent knowledge of doing installs. i will probably give you a call tomorrow and buy these.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This kit is pretty straight forward. Plugs in here, attach wire to stud here, run harness on this side to lamps, remove headlight switch and install new switch. The installation instructions are nothing more than pictures, but the kit seems simple enough. There is no wire splicing, just plug in connectors. Someone with some mechanical knowledge shouldn't have any problems.

Smiley Scale of Difficulty of Easy to Difficult
How many Smiley's out of 5?
:) :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bueno Bueno!!! Please let me know when they come...been looking everywhere and this is a steal, so dont change the price too soon please.

Have to remember this thread

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Ted, just curious - are the fog lamp units the same as in the 300C? Also what is part number for kit? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This kit is pretty straight forward. Plugs in here, attach wire to stud here, run harness on this side to lamps, remove headlight switch and install new switch. The installation instructions are nothing more than pictures, but the kit seems simple enough. There is no wire splicing, just plug in connectors. Someone with some mechanical knowledge shouldn't have any problems.

Smiley Scale of Difficulty of Easy to Difficult
How many Smiley's out of 5?
:) :)
Ted, received mine today, along with the mud flaps. Great! Fast! Service!
After reading the directions (or actually studying the pictures), the back page says the following:
"Re-connect the battery. Use a diagnostic StarScan tool so that the Front Control Module is reconfigured and recognizes the front fog lamps. Follow the procedure below:"
yadda...yadda...yadda.
needless to say I do not have this tool in my tool box. Do you know if this has to go to the dealer to finish this add-on?
Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah, i had a mixup with mine, got some for a magnum. but its cool because of the extremely fast shipping. would have got the new one in a one day turnaround, but with tracking them, fedex got my address mixed up. i better go to fedex early so they dont ship them back to ted!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmmm, I didn't notice that on the instructions. Yes, that means it would have to go to the dealership to be flashed for fog lamps.

The lamps are not identical to the 300C, they are identical to the lamps on a Touring model.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hmmmm, I didn't notice that on the instructions. Yes, that means it would have to go to the dealership to be flashed for fog lamps.

The lamps are not identical to the 300C, they are identical to the lamps on a Touring model.
Guess I got to bite the bullit and bring it to them eh? Did you get my email regarding the center radio bezel? (koosh in CT)

·
Registered
323 Posts
hey ted, i just dropped the car off at chrysler and when i told them about doing the starscan, they hesitated and then said that it is 80 bucks to do it. is this what i am supposed to be charged or do you think that they dont know what they are exactly doing before they see it and just give a rough estimate. damn, i figured that getting by with just 110 dollars was too good to be true, but i guess that it may be still worth it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That sounds really steep for a 5 minute job, 10 tops if the tech has to wonder around the shop to find where the last guy left it. These reprogramms we usually charge about $45.00 for, that include programming keys and fobs. Simple process, just got to have the $6000.00 piece of equipment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rollin on Dueces said:
hey ted, i just dropped the car off at chrysler and when i told them about doing the starscan, they hesitated and then said that it is 80 bucks to do it. is this what i am supposed to be charged or do you think that they dont know what they are exactly doing before they see it and just give a rough estimate. damn, i figured that getting by with just 110 dollars was too good to be true, but i guess that it may be still worth it.
80 CLAMS! to tell the computer there is now Fog Lamps??? :mad: :mad: :mad:
There's gotta be a better way!!! :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts