Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know the best way to pop off the plastic covers on the bottom front bumper of a base 300? I haven't had a lot of time to look at it yet, but i didn't know if anyone knows before i tear the whole bumper up. I wonder if you just wedge somthing in the cracks and pry it out or if you have to take the screws off that holds the bumper on so you can get behind it. i want to see if i can make a mesh kit for it so it will dress the front end up. anyways, anything will help.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
don't pry on it.. I thought it just pops out, but no, they have like 3 clips on them from the back. Trust me, i thought it just pops out, but i was wrong! I broke my clips, and I had to bring it back to the dealer, saying that it broke off.. lol.. the best way to do it, is to go from behind, and take down the inner wheel splash guard (plastic) held by plastic pop rivets.. I hope that helps.. -Andy

·
Registered
22 Posts
300cWannaB....I just order the Hoen xenonmatch fog lamp bulbs for my c. If you knew about the clips for the plastic backing behind the access to the bulbs, would it have been easier to go that way, or do you still think that taking the plastic inner wheel well off is still the way to go? If so, are the plastic pop rivets the reusable type, or did you replace them with new?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
it's much easier to go from the back, in the inner plastic wheel splash guard.. and the platistc pop rivets are re-usable..

·
Registered
276 Posts
While you replace your fog lights this is also a good time to remove or modify the silencer to if you plan on doing that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts