Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
fog light bulb questions...

#1 - what do you recommend to use that will "match" the HID's headlights in the 300C SRT-8?
#2 - I have read some here who are using the NOK-WH-H10's - when on their site to order - it says these are headlight bulbs... will they "fit" as replacements to the current bulbs in the fog lights?
#3 - I have contacted them, but have had no response...
does anyone recommend anyone else for these bulbs?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
549 Posts
cbutler32 said:
#1 - what do you recommend to use that will "match" the HID's headlights in the 300C SRT-8?
#2 - I have read some here who are using the NOK-WH-H10's - when on their site to order - it says these are headlight bulbs... will they "fit" as replacements to the current bulbs in the fog lights?
#3 - I have contacted them, but have had no response...
does anyone recommend anyone else for these bulbs?
Thanks in advance!
you can change the bulbs or go the route that VIP and few others here did along with myself and get the PIAA P9000 fog replacements. Match perfectly to the HID's. I think you can get them from Victor at VIP.
I got mine here.. http://www.xtremewhite.com/ORD-Lighting~System-PIAA-PIAA-PIAA~P9000-889-1-1-1-1.cfm

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnnyVIG

you're kidding me...
you can't just reach behind and change to bulbs out???
WTF!!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
johhnyVIG

My Thoughts Exactly!!!
Can Chrysler Do Anything Easy For Me!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
3SRT4ME said:
Chris,

I have the Hoen. They are an excellent match. So much so, that I pulled them from my C for use on the 8.
How hard was it to pull those rivets out of the fenderwell, and were you able to use them again when you put the fenderwell back? Any guidance would be appreciated.

One more thing, is the color of the Hoen glass on the bulb blue? I really don't want a bulb with too much blue tint on it, because it robs the light output. Thx.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3srt4me

How hard was it to pull those rivets out of the fenderwell, and were you able to use them again when you put the fenderwell back? Any guidance would be appreciated.

I'll second JohhnyVIG's request...
how hard was it to do?

as nothing seems easy with this car for me except stomping on the gas pedal and going like a bat out of hell... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
the plastic "rivets" are not re-usable! You would have to get new ones from the dealer and get the tool to install them. Use the "push-in-style" re-usable clips. There located inside the fender spash guards on the bottom. Go to the dealer and pick up a set of 10.. hope this helps...

How hard was it to pull those rivets out of the fenderwell
I had to use a flat tip screwdriver, pry it up, then cut it with some cutters.. it's a real P.I.T.A :AR15firin

·
Registered
19 Posts
thanks johnny

Thank's Johnny,
one other thing you have do is get replacement rivets
once you take them out they won't go back in,1/2 hour
job.

·
Registered
354 Posts
welcome1 said:
Thank's Johnny,
one other thing you have do is get replacement rivets
once you take them out they won't go back in,1/2 hour
job.
Did you get the oem rivets, and if so did u need a special tool, or did you get the push in style rivets like HEMMISSEY?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
Did you get the oem rivets, and if so did u need a special tool, or did you get the push in style rivets like HEMMISSEY?
I got the push style rivets from auto zone($3.00),but if I need to get in there again I'll replace them with the OEM's

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
kidcoastal said:
you can change the bulbs or go the route that VIP and few others here did along with myself and get the PIAA P9000 fog replacements. Match perfectly to the HID's. I think you can get them from Victor at VIP.
I got mine here.. http://www.xtremewhite.com/ORD-Lighting~System-PIAA-PIAA-PIAA~P9000-889-1-1-1-1.cfm
Kid, Are the PIAA P9000 a direct fitment for the OEM's - plug and play type setup or do the require some creativity, parts, cutting, etc. to install? Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Johnny Vig said:

One more thing, is the color of the Hoen glass on the bulb blue? I really don't want a bulb with too much blue tint on it, because it robs the light output. Thx.
Gents, you can access the rears of the fogs without pulling the three shield house rivets on each side of the car. Simply remove the nine screws holding the front belly pan in place and remove it. The front belly pan is attached to the rear of your air dam and extends backward underneath your car toward your front axle and is connected to the rear belly pan.

And if I recall correctly, the front belly pan is also attached at the rear to the shield house with the push-pin rivets that are reusable. The rivets attaching the front fascia to the shield house are the non-reusable type. However, you need not touch the rivets connecting the front fascia to the shield house. Indeed, by simply removing the screws connecting the front belly pan to the air dam, you should be able to get a bead on the rear of the fog lights and enough room to get your hands back there. But again, removing all of the front belly pan screws and the push-pin rivets is a matter of a couple minutes.

Also, the Hoen give off a pure white light, no blue.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I would have to agree that the plastic rivets ARE re-usable. I pulled them out and dropped the front shroud, to get to my engine intake silencer a couple of weeks ago. I just pushed them back in and they work fine. I don't know what type of rivet pins some others have had.

·
Registered
354 Posts
3SRT4ME said:
Gents, you can access the rears of the fogs without pulling the three shield house rivets on each side of the car. Simply remove the nine screws holding the front belly pan in place and remove it. The front belly pan is attached to the rear of your air dam and extends backward underneath your car toward your front axle and is connected to the rear belly pan.

And if I recall correctly, the front belly pan is also attached at the rear to the shield house with the push-pin rivets that are reusable. The rivets attaching the front fascia to the shield house are the non-reusable type. However, you need not touch the rivets connecting the front fascia to the shield house. Indeed, by simply removing the screws connecting the front belly pan to the air dam, you should be able to get a bead on the rear of the fog lights and enough room to get your hands back there. But again, removing all of the front belly pan screws and the push-pin rivets is a matter of a couple minutes.

Also, the Hoen give off a pure white light, no blue.
Great info, thanks. So how long did it take you start to finish? I am also wondering if your new fogs give off a decent amount of light, or are they just a nice color blue that matches the hid? Thx for all your help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Johnny Vig said:
Great info, thanks. So how long did it take you start to finish? I am also wondering if your new fogs give off a decent amount of light, or are they just a nice color blue that matches the hid? Thx for all your help.
Easily a half-hour to hour job. And I am presuming you will use ramps or jack stands, otherwise you better be a string bean, tipping the scales at 28lbs after dinner. Definitely matches better with the HIDs, more light? I can't say for certain. I'll take a look this weekend or next when I install the Hoens in the 8.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
amazing...

first of all, thanks for all of the great replies...
and #2...
that I have to go back and re-read the entire thread to remember my initial question...
:biggrin:
so I'll be waiting for your reply 3srt4me...
THANKS!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts