Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Fog lights cracked

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  RockBlocker 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with cracking of the fog light lenses? First I noticed a long crack on the left side, now I have one on the right side. I know the fogs sit low to the ground & are prone to rocks & debri hitting them, but, DC should make this a re-call & give us better Lenses or some type of cover. Anyone has any Ideas to protect them, maybe I missed something.

#3 ·
Here's an idea I've never tried. A lot of companies that sell car products (bavauto, griotsgarage) sell these clear plastic things (I'd say stickers but they're thicker than that) that you cut to shape and put over headlight lenses to prevent chips and scrapes. Now how about you put like 5 of them on each lens, making a nice padding for the lenses?

#4 ·
Cruznit said:
Does anyone else have problems with cracking of the fog light lenses?
A bunch of members over at lxforums.com reported having this same problem a few months back. It was common enough that I still inspect my fogs on a routine basis.

-- Tommy

#6 ·
yes mine cracked 3 weeks after I got my car, the dealer replaced them at no charge

#8 ·
marlinspike said:
Here's an idea I've never tried. A lot of companies that sell car products (bavauto, griotsgarage) sell these clear plastic things (I'd say stickers but they're thicker than that) that you cut to shape and put over headlight lenses to prevent chips and scrapes. Now how about you put like 5 of them on each lens, making a nice padding for the lenses?
Or you can get pre-cut kits that fit exact and you dont have to worry about making it. BTW, you only need one layer of the film for it to work. Putting multiple covers on could cause a problem with the light.

What you are referring to is a high impact resistant film that is called "Light Protection" If anyone has any more questions on this product let us know. We carry them and found this site via our advertising on SRT4forums.

#10 ·
marlinspike said:
I see you have the film in various colors. Is the yellow a true selective yellow, or is it just a yellow color?
Not sure if I understand your question here. The film is yellow in color during the day and at night when you driving it will give you a yellow look as you are driving. Oncoming traffic will not really notice they are yellow until it is too late.

The blue from what all of customers tell us helps them see the road better with or without HIDS installed.

Hope that helps.

#11 ·
Well, there is a type of fog lamp color called selective yellow (it's also the color that headlamps are in France). You see it on 80's Benz's, among other cars, though I don't think any current production cars in the USA have it. Basically, it filters out much of the light spectrum so that in the fog and rain there is less reflection back to the drive and less glare, so it helps you see further in the fog and helps other cars see you sooner in the fog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.