Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had this problem??? The light in the dash lights up, but no lights outside. I changed the bulbs to some HID style with the same wattage and noticed they did not turn on. I put the stock one's back and still no luck. To be honest, I don't remember if I ever checked if they worked. I assumed they did because the light in the dash was on.

Anyhow, I checked the bulbs, switch, and fuses. Am I missing something???

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High beams off

Yup, I tried that, in fact, I noticed when you turn on the brights the green indicator light in the dash disappears. I think it is fused related, but all the fuses in the front look fine. I even tried to move the 20amp fuse into the empty spots. I would assume if the bulbs are good, and the indicator is showing, that would mean the switch is OK. My best guess are the lamps are not getting power somehow??? The fuse box is not labled very well, does anybody know the fuses pretty well??? If not, what else could I try?

Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
629 Posts
You may ven want to change a fuse that doesn't look popped. Sometimes they will breack at one of the edges and you just can't see it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I didn't look in the book, but could the fog fuse be one of the fuses in the trunk? While you are there, press all of them in tight. Some don't get seated properly at prep.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could it be a bad relay???

Ok, here is an update. I did checked the manual and the front fog light fuses are under the hood, the rear box holds the fuse for the optional rear fog lights. Under the hood, the fog light fuse is a yellow 20 amp. I switched the horn with the fog light fuse (both yellow 20 amp). Still no fog lights, but horn still works. I don't think it is a fuse anymore. Perhaps it is a bad relay. I only say this because I tried everything else, but mostly becuase when I have the hood open and I click the fog light button, I hear a clicking noise. Click on, Click off. I sounds like it is coming from the fuse box where some relays are as well.

Any electrical gurus have some insight. I was tring to prevent a trip to the dealer, but if it is a relay, I need to get a new one under warrenty. I'm not paying for one... Unless they are cheap? If anyone can let me know which relay I would need to replace and how much it would be, perhaps is would be cheaper than wasting time at the dealer. If anyone has the service manual, could you shed some light.

Thanks again to all who have replied!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Did you recycle all switches?

Given DC's penchant for "zeroizing" settings when a failure occurs, such as ignition, etc., it may just be that you need to go back to base and start over on the switching.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you recycle the switches???

Hello mileshoover, is this process published somewhere??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
588 Posts
HEMIFID said:
Hello mileshoover, is this process published somewhere??? Thanks in advance.
Yes, partly. It's in the service manual but JonW kindly published a list of things to do after a battery disconnect. It has some goodies that should be printed out and kept in everyone's glove box, just in case. Tthe URL is:

http://www.300cforums.com/showthread.php?t=631

then scroll down to JonW's contribution entirled "STANDARD PROCEDURE".

By inference, and other comments regarding such things as restarts after initial start failure, you will get the picture. Perhaps, one of the service manual owners may chime in with more specific stuff.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Whoa Hemifed what did you say about REAR foglights being optional? First I ever heard of this. Details please. I want those rear fog lights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rear fog lights

dragon said:
Whoa Hemifed what did you say about REAR foglights being optional? First I ever heard of this. Details please. I want those rear fog lights.
Hey Dragon, that is what is said in the manual in the fuse section. It inditcated a fuse number for rear fog lights, then said (optional). I am not sure what market it is for. I would assume Europe.

I am still trying to track down my fog light problem. Will work on the reset today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Leave it to DC quality control...

Or lack there of it.... After taking apart the bottom panel below the bumper, to my surprise I find one end of a wiring harness. Open up the hood, and fund the other end just dangling loose below the right headlight. All that research for someone's stupid error at the factory. Wouldn't you think they would check that at the dealer.

Anyhow, thanks to all of you who replied. I learned a few things on this quest!

Peace

·
Registered
588 Posts
My foglights came from the factory with the left one not burning. I had to wait about 10 days until the dealer got the right size in. In my case, it was the bulb, though. But that was sloppy on the factory in releasing something so obvious.

FWIW, the dealer caught it and brought it to my attention. I wouldn't have noticed since I rarely use those lights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts