Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI

I have a 2009 Chrysler 300c CRD and my fog lights arent working. I have checked the fuse and it is ok. I have tested the fog light connector to make sure it is getting 12volts and it is fine. I have tested my fog light bulbs and they work fine. Does the 2009 have a fog light relay and if so where is it located? I saw a youtube video for a 2007 model where someone took a wire where the the front fog lamp relay is located by connecting a wire between points 30 and 87 to fake the system into thinking the relay has been triggered to make sure his lights come on so that way he knows the problem is with the headlight switch but I dont know which relay it is and if you can do it on the 2009.

Does any one have any ideas on what I should do to fix this problem without taking car to dealer?

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
It's probably the same as my 2005. In fact, I may have been the one who advised to jumper the 30 connection to the 87 connection as I had the same problem and diagnosed it that way. It was the headlight switch that was faulty in my case.

If you look down on the engine compartment fuse/relay box (aka PDC) there are three rows of relays arranged crosswise to the car at the hinge end of the box. The second relay from the hinge end (the first may be an empty socket) is for the fog lights. The 30 connection is the one most forward and to the left in the relay socket while the 87 connection is most rearward and to the right of the in the relay socket. You could use a metal paperclip as a jumper. Just use a pair of pliers to insert the jumper, or wear a glove so as not to burn your fingers as the clip will heat up a bit.
I don't recall exactly, but either the bottom of the relay or the relay socket pin connections are numbered. Just remember that, if it is the relay, the pin numbers must be as viewed from above.

If you want, I can scan the PDC page from my manual and e-mail it to you. Just send me a PM with your e-mail address in the message and I'll get on it.

Headlight switch replacement itself is relatively easy once you know the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[would you mind emailing you t to me me I can’t get my 2006 300c fog lights to work either email is [email protected]

QUOTE="DESIREE, post: 2783653, member: 1483"]
It's probably the same as my 2005. In fact, I may have been the one who advised to jumper the 30 connection to the 87 connection as I had the same problem and diagnosed it that way. It was the headlight switch that was faulty in my case.

If you look down on the engine compartment fuse/relay box (aka PDC) there are three rows of relays arranged crosswise to the car at the hinge end of the box. The second relay from the hinge end (the first may be an empty socket) is for the fog lights. The 30 connection is the one most forward and to the left in the relay socket while the 87 connection is most rearward and to the right of the in the relay socket. You could use a metal paperclip as a jumper. Just use a pair of pliers to insert the jumper, or wear a glove so as not to burn your fingers as the clip will heat up a bit.
I don't recall exactly, but either the bottom of the relay or the relay socket pin connections are numbered. Just remember that, if it is the relay, the pin numbers must be as viewed from above.

If you want, I can scan the PDC page from my manual and e-mail it to you. Just send me a PM with your e-mail address in the message and I'll get on it.

Headlight switch replacement itself is relatively easy once you know the trick.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts