Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wheel and tire stupid....

with these 22''s that everyone has, which look freakin fantastic!, but....

with the little rubber the tires can have, how long before you have to replace them? 20,000 miles?

i mean, i have a daily commute of about 70 miles round trip--i dont want to put these on here if i am gonna have to replace my tires every 2 years or less...and are 22'' safe to travel on?

like on a family trip to Florida from Nashville

sorry, i like em so much but cant afford the constant upkeep i dont think, may have to go stock :mad:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The most common 22" tire is the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 265/35/22. This tire has a UTQG Rating of 420. On average, a 300 rating means it will last between 20-25,000 miles. A UTGC rating of 440, like the tires on an Ford Explorer are expected to last 65-75,000 miles.

So if you rotate your tires, check your tire pressure, and not run them too hard, you should easily be able to get around 45-55,000 miles out of them. In my case, I'm expecting 35k miles just because of the way I drive.

FWIW I drive on average 20k miles per year, and often do road trips from Los Angeles to Vegas. I have no intention of putting my stock 18" back on for those road trips. My only concern about the wheels and tires, is potholes, and curb damage during parking. ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rogue said:
The most common 22" tire is the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 265/35/22. This tire has a UTQG Rating of 420. On average, a 300 rating means it will last between 20-25,000 miles. A UTGC rating of 440, like the tires on an Ford Explorer are expected to last 65-75,000 miles.

So if you rotate your tires, check your tire pressure, and not run them too hard, you should easily be able to get around 45-55,000 miles out of them. In my case, I'm expecting 35k miles just because of the way I drive.

FWIW I drive on average 20k miles per year, and often do road trips from Los Angeles to Vegas. I have no intention of putting my stock 18" back on for those road trips. My only concern about the wheels and tires, is potholes, and curb damage during parking. ;)
but traveling isnt prolly ideal?
well of course it isnt ideal, but what i mean is...i love the way it looks...but i am just nervous of getting 22's and after i spend all that money turning around and putting more and more $$$ every year and a half to 2 years

oh well, just part of it i guess....but my damn drive to work sure would look nice wearing them 22's---all 7 miles of it

·
Registered
154 Posts
U should get anywhere from 40,000 to 50,000 miles as long as u rotate and balance them every 5,000 or so. The tires are like $350 per tire so I dont wanna be buying new tires every year either. I drive about 55 miles per day to wrok and they ride great on and off the highway. I dont think you have much to worry about on trips. The owner of the custom shop here that did my rims and alarm has 26's on his escolade and they driveit all over the country with not problems, in fact all 8 of his cars all have huge rims and he has no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts