Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you with bodykits have gotten a flat and if so how was it getting the jack under the car? I have 24"s and I'm thinking of putting a kit on my car but a couple of weeks ago I caught a flat so it made me think about what if I had a kit on the car would it create a problem with jacking the car.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Well, I can't speak for body kits, but the lip spoiler on the SRT8's is only 5.5 inches from the ground. We can't get a regular floor jack under it from the front without driving onto a 2x12 or similar height. That's WITHOUT a flat BTW. I'd hate to imagine what it would be like with a flat.

Bernie

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just get a can of flat fix . It fills up your tire and fixes the flat. You can get it at any auto parts place, it's like $8 and well worth it. I use it instead of a spare. Good stuff. You need the 24's, I know you want em!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a body kit on mine and it is really low but all you need is a special jack that is thin in the front. just check out your local tire shop, they should have one. But with mine i need to put a piece 2x4 on the jack so it wont mess up the kit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just get a can of flat fix . It fills up your tire and fixes the flat. You can get it at any auto parts place, it's like $8 and well worth it. I use it instead of a spare. Good stuff. You need the 24's, I know you want em!
I don't know how true it is but I was told never to use fix-a-Flat. One of my friends who owns a rim shop told me don't use it. He said it's the worst thing you can do to aftermarket rims that something in it slowly eats away at the rim and over time your rims will be weakend. I used it on the one of my 20's on my other car and when he changed the tires he told me don't do it and washed the rim off (the inside of the rim the part that inside the tire) Now I don't know if it's just a coincident but that's the only rim that I ever had crack and the crack was in the inside(the same part where the fix a flat would have touched). I didn't tell him that wasn't my first time using fix a flat on that same rim. And I don't see why he would lie about it because it would be in his best interest for peoples rims to get weaken so he could sell a new pair. So maybe theres something to what he is saying. Even the directions say that it's a temp. fix.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Not only that, but it will ruin your TPM's and many places won't change a tire that's had that gunk in it.

Bernie

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks, all news to me, I guess I won't be using that sh!t . I luckily have not had to yet.....Good thing by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
As said above, just buy a low profile jack. Back in my import days, before the fast and furious crap, cars would be an inch off of the ground for the show(dropped coilovers all the way down). They all used low profile jacks. I had an eclipse 2 inches off the ground. I used a normal jack, but would have to drive up two boards that were staggered to get clearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts