Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
................... found out today my work colleague who is selling his 2007 Audi A3 got robbed last week!

A guy came around to look at his car, he'd arranged a time and all, then my mate got a call from this guys 'wife' saying he was lost and would be late, he turns up, my mate was a bit wary of him for some reason and wouldn't let the guy take it for a test drive, the guy pushed him over dislocating his shoulder, took the keys and jumped in the car, my mate goes to get in the passenger side and this guy pushes him out then runs over him! All on the driveway of his bloody house!!

So he's sustained a dislocated/fractured shoulder, a broken foot and lost his car.

His car was 'seen' by a speed camera on the M40 on Friday night and the police are fairly confident they'll catch him.

His insurance company have said no problems with the payout.

He's not the biggest of blokes and a Glaswegian(sp?) as well!

Apparently there is a lot of this going on at the moment, so if you are selling a car, be aware and make sure you have someone with you.

Stef

·
Registered
859 Posts
you always gotta bring somebody with you when making that kind of a transaction, even thru craigslist this kind of thing is happening

·
Registered
758 Posts
Stefan
Pass on my sympathies this is just too scandalous for words, his own bleedin' house his own driveway! I'd be on my own too as my wife would be inside with my daughter but this is just so sad.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
my sympathies to your mate,it makes my blood boil when scum nick off decent folk.I got 2 of these to help me.Its not the best pic of Scar and I cant find any pics of Nanuka but they do the job

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice Ray, going by the names they are Huskies? Siberian or Alaskan?

I used to have a very large German Shepherd, he was the softest dog you could ever imagine, but just his sheer size was enough to warn people off, he scared of a burglar one night who got as far as moving a wheelie bin below the open window of the room where Rustie was, then Rustie let rip, boy did he have a deep, loud bark!

Sadly no longer with us.

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Stef,
Can you pass on my sympathies too. I'm afraid the criminal fraternity are generally one jump ahead of the innocent folks all the time. Yes, the police will get the vehicle provided the registration plates are still displayed and not a false number - or even Derek's number for example. But the car will fetch every bit as much broken for parts And to rub salt in the wound you tell me he is one oh' ma ain - a fellow Glasgwegian or Weegie as now seems to be the in name. Please wish him a speedy recovery - and if you do come north next year remember and bring him along.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Neither of them Stef,they are Utonagans,
They would be,being mine.lol

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh, cool, don't see many of those around!

Stef

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I wondered what the hell you pair were on about discussing "Utonagans" - then I realised it was the dogs. They seem softer faced than German Shepherds (I went off and visited a website) and the pups are cute. They do look as if they are powerful dogs though.
Cheers John

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
very powerful,it takes all my strength to stop Scar on the lead,he goes where he wants to,Nanuka is softer but she has a mean streak and you have to watch her but she does as she's told(unlike Scar,must be a man thing.lol).They are bred to be like wolves(without the temprament).He is bred to look like a Canadian Timber Wolf and she a Grey wolf

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
There are other far more exciting names for Glasgwegians but we won't go into that just now.
:soapbox: Did anyone notice the age differential for kids born in particular areas of Glasgow. I think it was supposed to be 28 years longer life if you lived in Lenzie than if you lived in the East End. Considering I have lived most of my life in far better class areas than Lenzie does that mean I am virtually indestructible and will live for years and years to come - God help me!!! Whatever will government statistics prove next?? I also reckon the reason Britain did so well in cycling orientated events at the Olympics was Labour Party policy :nana: - we should all be on our bikes!! :headbang:
Cheers John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts