Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple of ?'s first the directions say to largen the top and side holes to 3/8 i was told it was the bottom screws which screw holes do i widen also is 3/8 right thats a pretty big hole and then my grill came with and extra 2 nuts on the 2 center top posts am i suppose to take those off or do i leave those on and i only have 6 washers and "tightening" nuts are those only needed for top and bottom thanks in advance guys i could prob fig it out but i get my car back on monday and would like o know ahead of time

·
Registered
230 Posts
300 on 22s said:
couple of ?'s first the directions say to largen the top and side holes to 3/8 i was told it was the bottom screws which screw holes do i widen also is 3/8 right thats a pretty big hole and then my grill came with and extra 2 nuts on the 2 center top posts am i suppose to take those off or do i leave those on and i only have 6 washers and "tightening" nuts are those only needed for top and bottom thanks in advance guys i could prob fig it out but i get my car back on monday and would like o know ahead of time
You won't use the bottom screw holes. The bottom of the grille is held in place by pins that go into holes the you drill using the included template. As for drilling the other holes larger. I only had to enlarged one hole because the studs on the new grille didn't match up on that one hole. I left the nuts on the studs and used the loose washers/nuts to mount the grille.

Be very careful installing the studs into the old holds. I accidental let one of the studs touch and it left 1/8" white spot where it scratched the paint. I had touch up paint so it hardly shows, but I know it's there.

Good luck,
Jeff

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I did mine in June and don't remember the specific details to the degree you need, there is an excellent thread with all our instruction details at the time several of us did them. Not the sticky billet grille thread, try the search for billet grille there are at least 70 posts in there many with the details you need.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Leave the nuts on the grill. They're there for proper spacing. The directions shipped with the grill are very good. You may get away without enlarging the top holes, but it will take lots of patience to get the studs in. Enlarging them will make things much easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts