Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered mine from wycoff for 62.50 shipped on friday so they should be here today or tommorow just wondering if anyone had any tips that would help me did u guys just use soap and water to clean the original pilliar then attached the new ones???also do u use any special product to let these babys shine ill post pics casue i just got my limo tint done all the way around on the car so the pilliars should stand out nicely!

·
Registered
901 Posts
B-Pillars

wgcdre said:
What exactly are chrome pillars?
The B-Pillars are placed on the black area between the front & rear windows vertically and also in the corner of the rear window area. I got mine for $75 (E&G Classic) Here are two pics 1st w/o b-pillars 2nd w/b-pillars (6pc set) just to show the difference. I love mine they add some character to my 300C not that we need it :)
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I used a damp microfiber towel and a dry one after washing it. I Just put mine on and it looks spectacular, I'll post a new avatar pix with the pillars and flaps as well as the grille in view.

·
Registered
901 Posts
300 on 22s said:
just wondering if anyone had any tips that would help me did u guys just use soap and water to clean the original pilliar then attached the new ones???also do u use any special product to let these babys shine ill post pics casue i just got my limo tint done all the way around on the car so the pilliars should stand out nicely!
I've been using Mothers Chrome Polish on mine as well on chrome overlays, door handles & side mirrors. Works just great for me. See Below :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just used " Never Dull " on all my chrome door pillars e& g grill , mirrors, and bumper trim. Waited until it dried to a haze and buffed out. What a change! they were sparkling like new money! :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
By the way Angie love the car............it's always refreshing to see a woman who is interested in a hobby that is so male dominated.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Krock43 said:
By the way Angie love the car............it's always refreshing to see a woman who is interested in a hobby that is so male dominated.
Thanks much,
There has been so many times people have mistaken my work to have been done by my hubby. Of course he gets a kick out of it, until I step up and say why thanks you like my work.
So again I thank you for the huge compliment :) :) :).

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was let down at mine,,,one of the corners were bent up a bit,,, My Bag guy says there is someone coming out with some that have more of a contour somehow??????????? So, mine are barely on and these others are on order,,,,

Will report in when I see them........

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GaryC, these are very easy to bend, I gently bent all 4 B pieces to better follow the contour of the pillar. Several motions across the belly until I got a perfect contour to reduce the stress on the tape. Can you manipulate your bent edge? Mine gives me a vexing wind noise which I anm going to attempt to correct with a little silicone at the leading edge. We'll see, I'll report, seems I am the only one with the wind noise problem.

·
Registered
235 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
GaryC, these are very easy to bend, I gently bent all 4 B pieces to better follow the contour of the pillar. Several motions across the belly until I got a perfect contour to reduce the stress on the tape. Can you manipulate your bent edge? Mine gives me a vexing wind noise which I anm going to attempt to correct with a little silicone at the leading edge. We'll see, I'll report, seems I am the only one with the wind noise problem.
Wind noise, never thought of that,,,,,, I get my car back in a couple of hours and will be listening...... thanks for heads up........ :p

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Drove in this morning and there was no B pillar noise. The thin layre of silicone applied to the leading edge of the driver's door pillar solved the problem. I left a small gap at the bottom for water egress. I ran a bead and wiped it off with a towel to allow the silicone to only fill the air gap, nothing is visible on the pillar. I can't hear anything on the pass side since my ear is not next to it, I'll have my wife drive and I will do the same if any noise is present.

·
Registered
239 Posts
My pillars fit great, I think !!?? Didn't notice any gaps and no wind noise. I recall that someone had ordered from Chris and was not happy with the product. Mine arrived just fine.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
They do fit fine, the wind noise came from the space that the tape created perhaps only a mm since the chrome is not exactly flush b/c of the tape. Enough to cause noise which has been banished. Mine came from Wyckoff Chrysler, an E&G product.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'll second that on the wind noise problem...

Did you use clear or black silicone????

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Clear, but come to think of it black may be a better choice. The coat is so thin you can't see it, I ran the bead and wiped with a towel careful to get it off the chrome, and pillar edge forcing it into that small gap, minimal amount and only on the driver's door. I think the rear pillar is in the draft and seems not to catch the wind. I'll be on the freeway tomorrow and will treat if needed.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Well, I got out on the freeway and briefly touched 100mph, definite wind noise from the pass. pillar as well, none from the driver's treated side. Pass side has now been completed and similar results are expected.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Valentine One my friend, Valentine One. I generally cruise at 75-80, touched 100 passing an 18 wheeler (on the left of course). Funny thing happened on the way home from Nashville Labor day. I'm in the Sienna doing 75 on I 71N and the laser beep goes off, I just said "laser" (light amplification by stimulated emitted radiation) as I was decelerating and my wife said "I think they got you". His lights go on as he is closing the door and I immediately pull off the ramp and prepare to stop and safely get my ticket off the freeway. To my suprise :D he gets the guy :( behind me poor fellow. I would like to think my detector giving me the instant on warning and my anti laser front plate diffuser helped. (maybe I just picked up the stray signal and he was'nt going after a minivan, who knows. Moral of that story is don't be stupid on holidays . Got to love TN, 70 mph limit and they generally don't pull you over under 80 you get spoiled.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts