Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new '08 SRT8 owner, but an old time greasemonkey. I am considering starting with the following mods, and would appreciate any advice:

Kooks stainless steel headers
3' Magnaflow Cat
AFE Stage 2 Cold Air Intake System Type Cx
Predator

Now I'm pretty new to having to program my ride to be able to function with the mods that I'm going to add. So my question is this, if I add all the above and don't get the predator to mod the chip will I have issues?

Thanks for any input and I promise to keep on reading :)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thats a good question. I don't think there'd really be any isues but I would also think you won't notice as many gains without the preditor since the tuner really likes to take advantage of those mods and I think thats where you may notice considerable gains after all those goodies are installed. I haven't heard of anybody who got the preditor as one of their last mods. I kinda did the opposite. I got a flashpaq first and I'm going from there. Hope my perspective helps. Happy modding!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
old timer, tell me about it!! i remember when "tuning" involved a gap tool and a screwdriver for the carb!! i have to say that the best, hands-down, bang for the buck mod that you can go with is the predator. you have sooo much more control over your car, ie.. change spark, fuel, fans, mds, esp, speed and rev limits, etc., etc. the list goes on.
i don't know what your performance goals are, but many people here have gone with the kooks and have liked them, many have gone with jba shorties and liked them. it's really up to you where you want the power.
either way, i don't think that you will be disappointed!! have fun and enjoy the ride.
rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts