Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, so at it again... remember the removal of the front fascia vent pillar... well, I made the forced air for the CAI, it's on my baby and being tested... skipped the venting the brakes bc I couldn't get the ducting to route the way I wanted it, maybe I'll try again latter on that but...

I did notice that when I stomp the go pedal I don't get the wooosh sound from the CAI I had before:lick: ... my Gluteus Dinous Maximus doesn't register any loss/gain...

Still peppy and can get a good launch... haven't tried squeaking the wheels after 1st gear yet, was able to do it before so.... other than the intake noise not being as loud I have nothing else to base my theory on but I'm guessing -less noise means... less air? Yes-No?
Need input... inpuuut....:biggrin:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, answered my own Q's Gawd I luv the internet... 27 views and all I did was talk to my self, LOL. pics n more tomorrow... :biggrin:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tasty.. I would have replied... but my information would have been useless... HAHAHAAAA but I would love to see the outcome... the Wife's SRT is about to start under going Facial mods... nothing where I have to open her up. BUT PLEASE POST PICS!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
K, so at it again... remember the removal of the front fascia vent pillar... well, I made the forced air for the CAI, it's on my baby and being tested... skipped the venting the brakes bc I couldn't get the ducting to route the way I wanted it, maybe I'll try again latter on that but...

I did notice that when I stomp the go pedal I don't get the wooosh sound from the CAI I had before:lick: ... my Gluteus Dinous Maximus doesn't register any loss/gain...

Still peppy and can get a good launch... haven't tried squeaking the wheels after 1st gear yet, was able to do it before so.... other than the intake noise not being as loud I have nothing else to base my theory on but I'm guessing -less noise means... less air? Yes-No?
Need input... inpuuut....:biggrin:
...oh, and one other thing. The butt-o-meter would not pick up anything on a launch anyway because this is not where the new CAI would be advantageous. The new CAI is advantageous at speeds of say 60+ mph.

Don't cut your invention short. The forced CAI's for the Vette are quiet too - quiet because the opening, and thus sound, is coming from the front/outside of the car - not inside the car and under the hood.

If there is power loss, it could also mean that the computer hasn't adjusted properly to the new intake volume and/or temp.

Here's my theory in your situation. Unless you're using both vents, you are likely getting less air(as you suspect), but not for the reason you believe. Consider the surface area of the typical CAI filters, versus the surface area of that smallish facia vent.

Then again, I can't really theorize unless I see a pic. I think what you're doing is cool. ANy way we can get some pics?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics coming up in a few, wandering around reading some threads B$ I write mine up, went with the double port since I didn't vent the brakes... pretty much what you said is what I found on the net racy, think you guys will like my set up double vented ram into a.... (drum roll) velocity stack to the CAI Air Filter...whoot-whoot... NOW It's getting sCaRy.. LOL...

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I was going to do this when I get my AFE Stage II in a few months. You beat me to the punch though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts