Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere in australia that i can get a decent forced induction kit for my 2013 srt8?

No belt turbo drives either, shitty setups.

CHeers,

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Fyi.... Some of the fastest blown cars in the country run those 'shitty belt turbo' setups (I presume your talking about a centrifugal supercharger). They make as much power as a roots, are easier to intercool, don't get hot as balls and can be changed for bigger units if you tap out a head unit in all of 25 mins. They have their advantages... I'm aware of their disadvantages, but apparently you are too so I will spare you the typing! Lol

Now if you are looking for a roots style then for the gen 2 the edelbrock setup works great and makes more torque than any centrifugal and the power down low is awesome. I believe they ship worldwide, so could you not just order one stateside and have it sent? If not I will make the same offer I do for other members, if you want to use my address to ship to I can forward to you, I've done it a couple of times for others for items businesses can't ship out of the US but individuals can.

One last note... watch out for the top ringland in the 6.4... They don't take well to boost like the old 6.1, I've seen popped one's form 5psi-9psi... all on amazing tunes. If I was boosting a gen 2 I'd make sure I either used some forged drop in slugs first or had the money prepped for a possible build if stuff went sideways...

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
G'day, my reality is based on my own perception and experience, and so far within this scope centrifugal has translated to on-street disappointment. I am aware that at high rpm they are able to produce very high hp numbers, but after several uses i don't consider them on equal standing to twin-screw and turbo systems.

That said, CAPA performance has found that centrifugal delivery of the Vortex centrifugal system that they provide does go some way to preventing engine issues on the 6.4 rather then to the high impact ramp of the twin screw. They provide a complete system for 10k, however fitting and tuning come at a high price unless done yourself.

Alternatively i contacted LFP selling this Whipple 2011 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8 6 4L Supercharger KIT | eBay, and they are able to supply delivered within australia for $10,200. However I'm not sure what would happen when it goes through customs?! I believe they want 10% of anything over $1000? - this system would benefit from a forged piston swap however 600+ hp is basically a given.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
G'day, my reality is based on my own perception and experience, and so far within this scope centrifugal has translated to on-street disappointment. I am aware that at high rpm they are able to produce very high hp numbers, but after several uses i don't consider them on equal standing to twin-screw and turbo systems.

That said, CAPA performance has found that centrifugal delivery of the Vortex centrifugal system that they provide does go some way to preventing engine issues on the 6.4 rather then to the high impact ramp of the twin screw. They provide a complete system for 10k, however fitting and tuning come at a high price unless done yourself.

Alternatively i contacted LFP selling this Whipple 2011 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8 6 4L Supercharger KIT | eBay, and they are able to supply delivered within australia for $10,200. However I'm not sure what would happen when it goes through customs?! I believe they want 10% of anything over $1000? - this system would benefit from a forged piston swap however 600+ hp is basically a given.
Not going to crap on your thread pal so I'll agree to disagree and I really hope you get a good deal! I've ran roots blowers, centrifugal, turbo's (even compounded) and nitrous, on different platforms and a couple on this one, all forced induction and power adders have their advantages and disadvantages. What I will say is it was a whipple that cracked a piston in the 392 I saw tore down... guy I know runs an edelbrock at 6psi with no issues, I'll attach pics of his setup and dyno pull. Just careful on the top ringland with boost...

Offer still stands if you want to ship through my address if it saves you!

While not familiar with Australian customs I do know the US nails hard with import fees, wise to check into it... 10% sounds brutal though! Ouch!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts