Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth paying the extra money to get formulaOne tint without metallic? and is it standard to have a 100 or so fee to remove existing tint?( i've never had that fee before but i'm not from this side of the country)

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
is it worth paying the extra money to get formulaOne tint without metallic? and is it standard to have a 100 or so fee to remove existing tint?( i've never had that fee before but i'm not from this side of the country)
....it is if you don't want to deal with any interference from your radio or NAV. If you don't have the NAV or you use an MP3 player for your music, then it probably isn't necessary.

FormulaONE's Pinnacle Series is the only tint made from ceramic besides Huper Optik. I have never had a problem by selecting this tint and honestly, it wasn't that much more than any other quality tint.

I don't know how the tint removal prices are determined. You can probably shop around for that service.

bruno

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would shop around to try and find a place that doesnt charge a removal fee but theres only one place in the count ythat uses forumlaone. yeah i do use the nav etc. i was going to get new tint right away but they want to charge me 120 for removal, i think thats crazy, ive never paid a dime before for removal. This is place that ive been quoted for is topnotch though.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
i would shop around to try and find a place that doesnt charge a removal fee but theres only one place in the count ythat uses forumlaone. yeah i do use the nav etc. i was going to get new tint right away but they want to charge me 120 for removal, i think thats crazy, ive never paid a dime before for removal. This is place that ive been quoted for is topnotch though.
FormulaONE dealers are specifically trained for their installs and that is also part of their lifetime warranty. So, each FormulaOne tint shop should be on equal terms.

You have several certified dealers in Orange County besides the one you contacted. I would call up each one and get a quote for the exact Pinnacle Series tint (% and which windows) that you want. Prices will vary.

bruno

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
theres only 6 places in 25 mile radius from me, dont really want to go out farther. The place that i'm talking about is 3 of those locations and the other have the same removal charge i think.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Well, I can understand not wanting to drive too far out of your way. The removal of your current tint can definitely be done by any tint shop so I'm sure those prices are very negotiable.

I was so paranoid about accidentally forgetting to not put my windows down during those first 3-4 days after the install that I completely taped over all the window switches to prevent that mistake. Then, I forgot all about them when I pulled up into a fast food drive through and ended up having to open the door to order as well as to pay and pick up the food. Plus, the drive through lane was very narrow.:pat:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yeah i always put taped on my nobs always. This one time i got my windows done and like a day later i got pulled over and the cop was like " son, why are you opening your door to talk to me, please just roll down your window" i was like with all due respect i'm not messing up my windows lol, he didnt find it as funny as i did lol

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
The things we will put ourselves through to have the perfect car can often backfire when we least expect it. At least the police officer didn't cite you for your tint, lol!

bruno

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
....it is if you don't want to deal with any interference from your radio or NAV. If you don't have the NAV or you use an MP3 player for your music, then it probably isn't necessary.

FormulaONE's Pinnacle Series is the only tint made from ceramic besides Huper Optik. I have never had a problem by selecting this tint and honestly, it wasn't that much more than any other quality tint.

I don't know how the tint removal prices are determined. You can probably shop around for that service.

bruno
Excellent info Bruno!~ I knew nothing about that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had my windows tinted a few weeks ago with Llumar tint and now i have NO FM reception. I mean its BAD. I listen to XM all the time so its not an immediate problem but i know eventually it will be.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
The things we will put ourselves through to have the perfect car can often backfire when we least expect it. At least the police officer didn't cite you for your tint, lol!

bruno

I didn't roll mine down for two weeks..... didn't let the wife even drive just in case she forgot... and had tape on the switch, and everyone else's was locked. Kids were so freaked out I would sell them if they even looked at the tint. :scared:

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
theres only 6 places in 25 mile radius from me, dont really want to go out farther. The place that i'm talking about is 3 of those locations and the other have the same removal charge i think.
I've used The Tint Pro's in Huntington Beach for multiple vehicles and always had quality work. They should be listed as one of the 6 you have.

·
Registered
688 Posts
go to campbell tint up in huntington. they hook it up nice and it looks great.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I didn't roll mine down for two weeks..... didn't let the wife even drive just in case she forgot... and had tape on the switch, and everyone else's was locked. Kids were so freaked out I would sell them if they even looked at the tint. :scared:
lol too funny Cueball but I'm the same way.

It is pretty easy to remove the tint yourself if you have the time and patience to do so. It's pretty standard for shops to charge you $25/window to remove the tint. Depending on the age of the tint, type of tint and adhesive--it can be a pretty quick job or a rather long one. Not to mention the window has to be cleaned of all old tint adhesive prior to starting the application. Grab yourself a heat gun, start slow and bring up a corner, and attempt to pull it off in one piece(moving the heat gun constantly back and forth over the area as you go--DO NOT LET THE HEAT SIT IN ONE PLACE ON YOUR WINDOW IF YOU USE THE HEATGUN METHOD) Another way of removing the tint is to spray your windows down with soapy water and wrap them hefty back--let them sit in the hot sun for a few hours(or heat lamps during the winter while in the garage). You can also go to www.tintdudes.com for more information as well.

Goodluck

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I've used The Tint Pro's in Huntington Beach for multiple vehicles and always had quality work. They should be listed as one of the 6 you have.
the removal charge is the issue but it seems like its a regular ordeal on the west coast not use to it.... did they charge you a removal charge?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had my windows tinted a few weeks ago with Llumar tint and now i have NO FM reception. I mean its BAD. I listen to XM all the time so its not an immediate problem but i know eventually it will be.
thats cause its got metallic in it

·
Registered
157 Posts
thats cause its got metallic in it
I am aware of this. I had the option of getting the ceramic tint at a higher price but didnt cause everyone said it only effects AM frequency a minor bit. Even the guy who tinted them said he has been doing it for 12years and only had 1 case where it effected FM and it was minor.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
the removal charge is the issue but it seems like its a regular ordeal on the west coast not use to it.... did they charge you a removal charge?
I didn't have existing tint that needed to be removed...

They have/had a funny sign in their lobby that reads "We fix $99 tint jobs". I think of that sign every time I see a nice car with bubbled tint. You get what you pay for....

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't have existing tint that needed to be removed...

They have/had a funny sign in their lobby that reads "We fix $99 tint jobs". I think of that sign every time I see a nice car with bubbled tint. You get what you pay for....
def for sure loln

1 - 20 of 23 Posts