·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have some free HP tips?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not to be a smartass, but it's all over this forum if you search for Cold Air Intakes and Exhaust mods. ;) :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to be a smartass either. But I know I can search I thought since I was knew someone might be helpful and add a few links. Apperently I was wrong. The only thing I have found that is a free upgrade so far was to remove the silenser. The subject was FREE HP tips. If you have some post them.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
HP = horsepower

shane, I don't have anything to offer you on topic, but I would like to offer a very warm welcome to the forum. Although you certainly can't tell by your own first experience of it :(, this is a great site with most members willing to provide helpful information and friendly words. Please don't let this unfortunate example prevent you from enjoying the forum further.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Look, I'm sorry if my "use the search" comment came off wrong. Really.

If you want some HP (horsepower) tips, then follow the very common types of mods everyone seems to do and the general rule of thumb (get more air in and more air out).

You can get more air in easily with a Cold Air Intake. A K&N cone filter and some custom tubing and hoses made as part of a kit for our car. Cone filters generally flow more air than the flat type that comes in our stock intake. You want the air it breathes to be a cool as possible and not hot engine air, so you'll see partitions and sealed boxes tied to "ram air" ports or other plumbing to scoop outside air as you drive.

To get more air out, the common thing to do is put on a Cat-back exhaust kit, or make one custom with any combination of mufflers, resonators, and tips. Magnaflow and Borla make two nice kits for our cars. Highhorsepower.com can hook you up with all these items.

Now for FREE HP tips...well little is free, but you can make sure your tires are properly inflated and not causing a drag. You can unload some weight by removing things you don't need or don't carry a lot of excess stuff in the trunk. Who needs a spare tire anyways? :D

That's all I can think of for now. Again, sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Thanks BBH!!! :) The one thing I would add is to please shop our supporting vendors, or at least give them the chance to price-match if you find a better price elsewhere.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem. Sorry if I came off wrong. As far as my spelling and poor grammer. Thats just something everyone will have to get used to. Knew or new at least I was close. :)~⌂

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi There---This is my first post after signing in and I just need a little advise and clarification. Is the forum strictly for the HEMI models or will I find answers for my questions about my 3.5L model? A little about it: Its Jade and I have done the windows all limo black and 1/2 on the fronts, painted my own 'ghost flames' on the lower side panels below the body molding, bought 18" wheels that closely resemble the Chrysler Pentastar and wider tires and just this week put the chrome intake with the cone filter on it. All I have found so far is increased 'noise" from the intake and cant really tell if I have more power. Evidently nobody makes a 'chip' yet for my model to up the horsepower. I also did the wood trim interior kit and found it rather professionally made and quite easy to install. I have the chrome wheel well trim on order at this time. Can anyone tell me about changing the exhaust on my model ? Thanks in advance, and just let me know if Im in the wrong place----AL

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
ALBRAT said:
Hi There---This is my first post after signing in and I just need a little advise and clarification. Is the forum strictly for the HEMI models or will I find answers for my questions about my 3.5L model? A little about it: Its Jade and I have done the windows all limo black and 1/2 on the fronts, painted my own 'ghost flames' on the lower side panels below the body molding, bought 18" wheels that closely resemble the Chrysler Pentastar and wider tires and just this week put the chrome intake with the cone filter on it. All I have found so far is increased 'noise" from the intake and cant really tell if I have more power. Evidently nobody makes a 'chip' yet for my model to up the horsepower. I also did the wood trim interior kit and found it rather professionally made and quite easy to install. I have the chrome wheel well trim on order at this time. Can anyone tell me about changing the exhaust on my model ? Thanks in advance, and just let me know if Im in the wrong place----AL
Hi Al,

Welcome to the forum. You are definitely in the right place. Have a poke through the posts. Try the search engine. There is a lot of good info and nice folks here.

Please post pics of your 300 when you get a chance.

·
Registered
631 Posts
All 300 Models are discussed on this site

All of the 300 models are discussed at 300cforums.com. You will find that a majority of the talk is based on the "C" model, but lots of visual mods are being made on the other models as well. I'm not sure as to how many people are making performance mods on the 3.5/2.7 models, in fact I'm not sure what even exists for those models. I'm sure someone here should be able to help. Not meaning to hijack the thread here, just wanted to provide an answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pix of my 300

Im not sure if Im doing this posting of the pictures right but Ill give it a shot. The problem with taking pictures of "Ghost Flames" is that they are just about that in a nutshell---very hard to photograph. I did them in a lighter silvery green and a darker green at the tips. I also added a mesh grille with the center bar besides what I said I did in the first posting. The flames are my second attempt in a year. The first was on my 02 Merc Sable Wagon. I used to do custom car painting 35 years ago and thought I would give it a try again. The '300' was done in a single Friday evening including the 4 coats of clearcoat The Merc was a learning process with todays "environmentally friendly" paints which are nothing like the acrylic lacquer and catalysed enamels I was used to from years back. Guess the only way to see if this works is to send it off. I took the pix in the garage just now as its been raining here in So-Cal all day---Thanks---AL

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Welcome to the forum ALBRAT! (Also not trying to hijack the thread...) Although not great pic quality, your flames look really good, very subtle! Please consider re-posting in the "Visual Mods" section when you are able to get some sunlit shots so other members don't miss seeing your work! I'll look forward to it!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks--If the sun ever comes out again Ill give it a shot---Its raining as hard here in Granada Hills as it is there in Simi I suppose. I tried taking pix of them in the sun when I first did them and it is really a tough one to get them to show up right but Ill try again----AL

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
ALBRAT said:
Thanks--If the sun ever comes out again Ill give it a shot---Its raining as hard here in Granada Hills as it is there in Simi I suppose. I tried taking pix of them in the sun when I first did them and it is really a tough one to get them to show up right but Ill try again----AL
Great! I'll look forward to it... and yes, we got 3 inches here today! I love it...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts