Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Frequency of washing your 300

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang,

Here is an interesting post, I was wondering, what frequency do you wash the car? Given these winter months, where road salt and miscellaneous road garbage accumulate on the paint and everywhere you probably don't want it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
No road salt in the great PNW, but it does rain a bit. If my wheels and tires aren't shiny - I wash it (about weekly).

·
Registered
563 Posts
I wash weekly and use california duster and quick detailer at least every 2 days, weather permitting.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Wash once or twice a month and the rest of the time I just the Zaino QD. Plus I didn't really take my car that much so its clean half the time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Weekly if no rain

I have to wash it weekly. It's really a labor of love. Going over my favorite lines of this automobile with a fine tooth comb is really a pleasure. I wax at least once a month with NXT tech wax. The tech wax looks great but needs to be applied more frequently than others I have used. Take care of your car and it will take care of you.

....on a side note it also gets me out of the house. :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
weekly but should be more often , 3 seasons I do it by hand with Zaino, clay etc. I can't wait to clay it when the weather breaks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Seeing as I drive it once or twice every other week (except last week, when I drove it everyday), it doesn't get much road grime on it. But when I do drive it, I put several hundred miles on it a weekend.

So monthly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i also wash about 2-3 times a week i love this car so much it's my baby. my Wife is now officially freaking out i told her the other day to make sure when she gets in the car to step over the illuminated door entry guards. she flipped out. am i anal or do i just love this car

·
Registered
402 Posts
I was washing every weekend. Now I'm going every other weekend. The Cool Vanilla color just looks terrific even when it's dirty! Hides the dirt better than any other color car I've ever had... But it doesn't get too much in the way of "dirt" here in Arizona.

I do an Autopia.org style wash, with premium car shampoo, microfiber wash mit, seperate wash mit for the tires and wheels and seperate rag for the wheel wells. Seperate wash water for the tires/wheels/wheelwells, then a rinse and on to the body of the car. Dry with waffle weave microfiber after running a Calif. Waterblade over the car. Takes about 90-120 minutes, depending on how meticiluous I am. That's just exterior. Interior wipe down and vacuuming adds another 30+ to the total.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts