Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:pat: Today I learned that the 300CRD will not run on petrol!
Yes! I'm a fool -an idiot - an eedjit!

70 litres of petrol - and she didn't like it one bit.

Luckily, I only drove 500 yards to my office when she went all fluffy and sputtering, and then I realised what I had just done.

I got about 30 litres out by syphoning the tank ( not easy!)
Then had to remove the sender unit under the back seat and pump out the remaining 40 litres with a drill mounted pump I got from the local Hombase store.
There are two fuel tanks (like saddle bags) theres a pump that comes on for about 10 seconds when you turn on the ignition (without turning the engine over) so I had to turn it on and off several times to get the petrol from one tank to the other , to get all the petrol out.

Filled her up with diesel and after about 20 seconds of misfiring she was right back to her old reliable self again.

Phew! that was a close one! - It could have killed her stone dead.:smashfrea

Anyway! I thought I'd share my embarressment with you all, just to remind you to be careful at the fuel pumps - particularly if you drive a mix of petrol vehicles and diesel vehicles like I had been doing for the past 10 days

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
we get that here at our place all the time,easy fix,just a problem of getting rid of the old fuel,dont what ever you do put it in any petrol motors not even your lawnmower,it wrecks engines,trust me.Anyway I bet you wont be doing that again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts