Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 300C earlier this year.... it was a lease in N.J., and it had a front license plate. Well, I am in Pa. and we don't have front plates, so I could take it off.

Well, obviously they screwed through the bumper cover to mount the licence plate bracket. I want to take car of these two holes, and am curious if anybody else dealt with this.

I was thinking off getting two of those plastic "christmas tree" type fasteners like they use to hold plastic panels on cars, and trunk lining material... you know, to fasteners you push in place.

I figured I could get some touch-up paint, and paint the heads on two of these fasteners, then push them into the holes. It would end up looking like two little rounded heads against the bumper, which might not look so bad.

Any other ideas of how you guys dealt with this? I don't want any body work that requires spraying the whole cover.... repainted stuff never holds up as well as factory.

Does touchup paint come in spray cans as well ??

·
Registered
650 Posts
I bought a used 300C earlier this year.... it was a lease in N.J., and it had a front license plate. Well, I am in Pa. and we don't have front plates, so I could take it off.

Well, obviously they screwed through the bumper cover to mount the licence plate bracket. I want to take car of these two holes, and am curious if anybody else dealt with this.

I was thinking off getting two of those plastic "christmas tree" type fasteners like they use to hold plastic panels on cars, and trunk lining material... you know, to fasteners you push in place.

I figured I could get some touch-up paint, and paint the heads on two of these fasteners, then push them into the holes. It would end up looking like two little rounded heads against the bumper, which might not look so bad.

Any other ideas of how you guys dealt with this? I don't want any body work that requires spraying the whole cover.... repainted stuff never holds up as well as factory.

Does touchup paint come in spray cans as well ??
It comes in spray cans. All depends how well it is color matched. Filling the hole is not brainier. Then color paint and then clear paint on top.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There is actually a writeup on LXF about doing that exact thing. The only thing is that you have to widen the holes a bit with a drill or dremel, because most of the bumper clips, at least that i have found, dont fit in the hole unless you widen it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts