Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WHats up guys. i am currently running 2JLW6 10" with 6.5 in door panel and rear. My sub amp does not have a bass control knob. i want to be able to control the base but as well as the highs so i was thinking about a crossover or an eq. the headunit is the avic Z2. what would be the reccomendation. or i can just change amp to one with a bass knob feature. what amp would you guys reccomend.:pat:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
wow, good question, but it has many many answers....

you could just get an amp that has a bass knob, but you can't control
your highs.

you could get a separate sound processor which does crossover control
and has a bass knob, but you'll need more amp channels.

maybe make your own amp selections and then ask what folks think, as there is a large list of acceptable products, despite what people may think.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, good question, but it has many many answers....

you could just get an amp that has a bass knob, but you can't control
your highs.

you could get a separate sound processor which does crossover control
and has a bass knob, but you'll need more amp channels.

maybe make your own amp selections and then ask what folks think, as there is a large list of acceptable products, despite what people may think.
Was thinking about the JL 500/1, hifonics BXi2607D, the JL audio "A" Series like A1800 etc..,:pat:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I don't have any negatives for any of those on your list, but since you
mentioned JL, go with the 500/1, you will not be sorry.

I have the e series 1400d in my pilot running a 10w3 and it is
fantastic!

So I think the 500/1 would do great for you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see, im planing on upgrading to 12's by JL audio and each of those subs take i believe about 450rms. so i want to get the right amp now that will take care of those subs and i wont need to upgrade later. so i thought the 1000/1 should be fine for both. then i thought well maybe i can do the other mono amps like jl 1800. this amp at 2ohms kicks out 1000watts. so i can save a little bit of money by getting the A1800 but not sure if its the right amp for two jl 12's. i dont see why not.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
see, im planing on upgrading to 12's by JL audio and each of those subs take i believe about 450rms. so i want to get the right amp now that will take care of those subs and i wont need to upgrade later. so i thought the 1000/1 should be fine for both. then i thought well maybe i can do the other mono amps like jl 1800. this amp at 2ohms kicks out 1000watts. so i can save a little bit of money by getting the A1800 but not sure if its the right amp for two jl 12's. i dont see why not.
Which JL 12's are you thinking? Need to make sure you can wire them
to 2 ohms if you go with the 1800. I know the new w1 and w3 series
have a 4 ohm version, but the w6 comes in dual 4ohm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts