Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 300 C..5.7 Hemi MDS

Well after parts chasing, for a small rattle going over bumps slow, we replaced the lower control arms, upper control, sway bars Bushings, ends..everything was done, Struts, and disk Calipers..brake etc..

Basically everything, we still have the rattle, but it would go away when you applied the brakes halfway while still moving, well I had a NEW Mechanic, the other one got mad at me and won't do business with me anymore because of this, lol, the new guy said that the right caliper was loose so the pins were bad on it and it needed to be replaced.. and won't honor his warranty he said I would get if I bought the parts from him...

Well He showed me how tight the left one was and how he could move it..

Then he preceded to think it was the steering linkage also, cause he could move that up and down just a little..

Problem is why would the noise go away when I applied the Brakes a little, so i think it's the Brake caliper that was bad transferring all that noise cause if it was the steering rod, down there, the noise would still be there if I applied the brakes a little...

Thought on this...??

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Loose brake pads.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope they were done also Brand New loaded Brake Calipers...like I said everything was replaced..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well I would suspect loose brake pads also. New doesn't mean they were installed correctly. While I have yet to do a brake job on my new 300, some cars have anti rattle springs. If your 300 needs those, perhaps they were not included. Also, some vehicles specify an anti rattle grease be applied to the back of the pads. Perhaps this was not done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts