Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st off i am no mechanic, i have a 2005 300C, i had it lowered with the Eibach pro kit on stock 18's aroud 15k miles, it now has 43k.

About a month ago the front end started making creaking sounds at slow speed, I know from these forums that lowering is hard on the shocks, it would not be the springs making the noise, how can you tell if the strut is busted?? they look fine and it rides ok but even the slightest movment in the front end makes it squeak (rather loudly).

any suggestions, if i replace the struts do i have to go OME, i know before there wasnt a better option according to this board, I dont wanna spend for KW's or anything like that just replace what i have. Is there a better shock now at a resonable price that is maybe a higher qualify/beefier shock.

what all could be making the front end squeak, rather loudly.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Failing front struts would be my first guess.
But I don't think failing struts normally squeak.

Maybe bad bushings. There are a lot of bushings (upper and lower control arm, sway bar, tension strut, to name a few) to look at. Our brakes are supposed to start squeaking when the pads get low. Check the brake pads.

If you take the car to a shop, try to find one that use "Chassis Ears".
This tool is supposed to work good at finding the exact location of noises.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Its most likely a bushing. I lowered mine and had sway bars put on too. So far I have had to re lube my front sway bar twice due to squeaking at low speed over bumps. Its really annoying! That's probably all it is though, have someone push down on your car and make it bounce while you listen for where the squeak is coming from. I found mine the first time within minutes, threw some lube on and all better!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 300c creaking squeaking what is it....... it so dam annoying it statred on a gloomy monday, can any help me out... signed about to go import

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
No telling exactly without getting under the car but most of the time it's either a worn bushing or tension strut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts