Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 300C was built on Oct. 4, 2004. It does not include these options, (1) Protection Group, (2) HID Headlamps, (3) Cold Weather Group, (4) Smokers Group.

I purchased the aftermarket Design Tech. Daytime Running Lights module, and followed the detailed installation instructions provided by Miles Hoover, a 300C Forum member.

When I went to hook up to a 12 volt power supply using Slot#24 in the front fuse box, (see inside fuse box cover for fuse locations) I found it contained a 60 amp fuse. Miles instructions indicated this was a vacant slot. I researched the Drivers Manual (Page 317) and it to indicates a vacant slot. I contacted and visited my Dealer Service Dept. as they requested. They looked thru Service Manuals which also indicates a vacant slot. They went to their on-line system (under electrical) to see if any Techinical Bulletins had been issued. Nothing.

I subsequently removed the 60 amp fuse and hooked up the DRL Module which works fine.

It would be interesting to see if other 300C's either have this fuse in Slot#24 or is it vacant, as indicated in all their literature.

·
Registered
272 Posts
SilverSea said:
My 300C was built on Oct. 4, 2004. It does not include these options, (1) Protection Group, (2) HID Headlamps, (3) Cold Weather Group, (4) Smokers Group.

I purchased the aftermarket Design Tech. Daytime Running Lights module, and followed the detailed installation instructions provided by Miles Hoover, a 300C Forum member.

When I went to hook up to a 12 volt power supply using Slot#24 in the front fuse box, (see inside fuse box cover for fuse locations) I found it contained a 60 amp fuse. Miles instructions indicated this was a vacant slot. I researched the Drivers Manual (Page 317) and it to indicates a vacant slot. I contacted and visited my Dealer Service Dept. as they requested. They looked thru Service Manuals which also indicates a vacant slot. They went to their on-line system (under electrical) to see if any Techinical Bulletins had been issued. Nothing.

I subsequently removed the 60 amp fuse and hooked up the DRL Module which works fine.

It would be interesting to see if other 300C's either have this fuse in Slot#24 or is it vacant, as indicated in all their literature.
hmmmm....strange...

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Hmmmm....when you removed it, you say the DRL's are working fine...did you double check all the rest of the car's systems (that you can) to see if something is now 'off'?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Gang,

That's an awful big amp fuse for a standard car. Unless electrical systems have changed that much over the last 15 years I could see it if it was a ragtop, but a 60amp in a 4 door sedan??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked every system, Sunroof, Nav, Sirius, all lighting combinations, CD and radio. All working fine. In chatting with Miles we agree it is a lot of amps for an automobile.

Possibly someone at factory just plugged it. That's why I am interested if anyone else has it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
james jefferson said:
after thinking about it, 60amps should be some type of main fuse to feed the fuse strip.
Except that the 60A fuse is in the middle and in series with all the rest of the fuses on that power strip so it can't be a "main fuse." It is so large that it would never blow and thus affords no safety. So it being a "main" doesn't follow.

A fuse that size would make sense ONLY if some very heavy duty stuff was put on the car such as a block heater or an AC Inverter, but **** says he has no such items on it.

IMO, someone at the factory was playing games since the owners and service manuals all indicate a vacant spot in socket 24.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts