Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to the forum, but i am stumped on what to do here. I do the work on my brothers 2006 300c All Wheel Drive. I lowered the car a few inches and replaced the whole front end with new steering, suspension parts and cv shafts. The new cv shafts i put in lasted a few hundred miles before the passenger side cv shaft came out of the cup on the front differential. So i put a new replacement shaft in from the local auto part store and it lasted literally a trip down the road and back before that one came apart and left me stranded. The stock shaft seems way too short for some reason???? The angle of the shaft didnt change drastically at all when the car was lowered. But i noticed when i was putting the new shaft in, when you slide the spline into the differential housing, and you put the other end in the wheel bearing you need to pull the shaft outward an inch to even get the shaft nut on. And when you tighten the shaft nut down all the way the cv shaft is literally allmost falling out as is. it comes out a good 3 or 4 inches.

I dont know how to fix this problem guys!! I dont think i can space the wheel bearing side because of the wheel sensor. and idk how you can space the other end being it slides into the axle housing. Any experience with this happening anyone????

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm not an expert on lowering, but it looks like that shaft is no longer right for that vehicle. The lowering of the car may have made it require a longer shaft, because of shaft alignment issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts