Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First let me say thanks to everyone that provides information on this site. I'm new to the site but have found it extreemly useful in diagnosing problems or for general information.

I have a 2005 300C and the support lifts that hold up the front hood don't support the load anymore. I need to use a broomstick to keep the hood up.

I want to replace them but I can't figure out how to take off the old support lifts. It looks like they're rivited to the hood and I can't tell how they're attached to the engine compartment. Also, I found I could buy them at AutoZone. Are those any good? Any better brand suggestions.

Any help on how to remove/install the lifts would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
First let me say thanks to everyone that provides information on this site. I'm new to the site but have found it extreemly useful in diagnosing problems or for general information.

I have a 2005 300C and the support lifts that hold up the front hood don't support the load anymore. I need to use a broomstick to keep the hood up.

I want to replace them but I can't figure out how to take off the old support lifts. It looks like they're rivited to the hood and I can't tell how they're attached to the engine compartment. Also, I found I could buy them at AutoZone. Are those any good? Any better brand suggestions.
Here you go. Can't answer your question about other sources though. You have a 2005 so you should have two of these and most likely have to replace both of them. Only one is used since 2007. I may be wrong on the year they went to one, but yours definately has two.

Bernie

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Excellent. I appreciate the quick reply. The pdf is very helpful. Take care.
No problem. Just a suggestion here, but how about doing a How To write up for this with pics? It could help others in the future.

Bernie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts