Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front License Plate Bracket Removal I'd like to modify and relocate (lower) my front license plate bracket to the area (centered) between the grill and front fascia; however, I still haven't figured out exactly how to access those two clips which attach the front license plate bracket to the bottom of the grill...it's too hard for me to access them. Can somebody please advise as to how to accomplish this without having to remove the entire front grill assembly while not inadvertently damaging something else in the process? Please advise and thanks for your help.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The plate snaps on to the grill secured by a L shaped hook. Use both left and right index finger to loosen the hook and pull.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speedmeister said:
The plate snaps on to the grill secured by a L shaped hook. Use both left and right index finger to loosen the hook and pull.
Well, that was easy enough (with the help of a large flat-blade screwdriver utilized in a twisting motion to help spread the clip ends apart)...thanks. Unfortunately, to my disgust, I too have two crudely drilled holes through the lower front fascia; however, they will be covered by the repositioned bracket anyway. Although it appears that those clips are actually strong enough to have held the bracket in place forever, I guess the dealer just wanted to make that it was on there 'extra tight' (along with their own ugly license plate frame) :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts