Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched a bit and found that most of the topics went back to 05 and were attributed to improper alignment that was supposed to be fixed by the time 06's came out...

anyone else have really uneven tire wear? the outer edges of both front tires are severely worn as compared to the rest of the tire, and the outer edges of the rears.

the car doesn't pull one way and appeared to be aligned properly.

could this be a toe/camber issue?

·
Registered
87 Posts
well, mine have 5k and are still fine. im hearing people getting usually between 12k and 17k out of em. so you might just be nearing the end of their lifespan?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, mine have 5k and are still fine. im hearing people getting usually between 12k and 17k out of em. so you might just be nearing the end of their lifespan?
after doing some more reading it sames as if it's a mixed bag.

some people say it's alignment, some say balancing, others say suspension pieces, others say it's just the tire compound etc...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Since I work for a National Tire Retailer, I'll add my two cents. Usually if the outer edge of the tires look worn or bald compared to the tread of the tire it's an alignment issue. If you decided to get knew tires get the alignment checked at the same time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since I work for a National Tire Retailer, I'll add my two cents. Usually if the outer edge of the tires look worn or bald compared to the tread of the tire it's an alignment issue. If you decided to get knew tires get the alignment checked at the same time.

so it would be more of a toe/camber issue since both sides are doing it right?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yes, if it's effecting both the driver and passenger side it's an alignment issue. I would recommend taking it to a reputable tire shop and have then do an alignment check. The alignment check is free and based on the results you'll see how far from the toe/camber is from the allowable specs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
2006 300 SRT8 here, had the same problem with the alignment. F1 woren out by 17,000 miles, changed to RSA and had alignment. 26,000 miles later, RSA's still have 70 percent of tread left! Not the tires fault, just bad alignment from the factory.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I go the same issue, however mine is just the drivers side @ 13K miles and just about to the point where I'll probably do something about it. Still can't decide to jump up to the 22s or just stick with the stockers. Either way I dought I'll go with the F1's. I've had Nittos on all my other vehicles and probably look into what they have that will fit this car.... at the same time have a good allignment done.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool, thanks for the info...i'll prob go ahead and get it realigned and pick up some toyo proxes 4's. I found them online for $640 shipped for 4

·
Registered
162 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead as I have the same problem - outer edge of front tires wearing much more than the rest. If it's a problem with the toe alignment, I can get that done but what's the likelihood of control arm or bushing problems on these vehicles? I've got about 93k on mine now (2014 JV, AWD V8).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts