Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front door passenger side central locking seems a bit on the weak side, requiring a few presses of the button to open or close. The lock pins seem to part move, hence I'm leaning towards replacing the actuator.

Before I splash out on a replacement actuator, just wondered if anyone has experienced the same symptoms as it would be nice to rule out the control module? I understand there are 2 central locking control modules mounted to the front doors, one on each side, behind the door cards.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Is there any difference in lock operation between using the key fob, the switch in the door panel, or the auto-lock when the car hits 10 (or what ever the number is) MPH?

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres no difference in either key fob, door button or the programmed evic closure, the behaviour is the same. The problem is more apparent on opening.

The lock pins also feel free and doesnt feel jammed.

I'm wondering if the control modules could be swapped from the left door to the right and visa versa, assuming they are same modules on each side?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Have you considered acquiring the diagFCA diagnostic software? This would allow you to test and activate the door modules before splashing out on replacement hardware. Also, I wonder if passenger and driver door modules may differ as the passenger door is the only one with the keyhole.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update- I removed the passenger side door card and unplugged the 3 connection to the control module 1 grey and 2 black plugs. It would appear the module has no bearing on the functionality of either central locking or the folding door mirror when unplugged. The only thing that stopped working was that particular window with the module unplugged.

I placed an order for a replacement actuator, so I'll report the outcome of that. Touch wood!

Thanks everyone for your input.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
I didn't think there was a door lock module in the doors as the locks appear to be controlled by the cluster. The modules in the doors control the express windows.

Good luck with the actuator replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts