Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2008 300C, with the RER Mygig video and navigation unit, the unit will play only the audio portion and not display the video of a DVD. The selling dealer, which is in another part of the state, says that their service dept checked and the RER unit should display and play the audio and video of the DVD's on the unit, unless it was disabled or not enabled due to certain state laws not allowing front seat video viewing. The service dept and the book says it should play while the vehicle is in PARK. Without taking it back to the midstate dealer, does anyone know how to check to see if it is enabled or disabled and how to change the setting???? I think my local dealer would charge for the check and change that I was unaware had to be done. I do not have the rear seat entertainment option but according to service, it shouldnn't matter

·
Registered
148 Posts
Its should be free for them to do that for you it under warrenty. Mine (2008 Signature Series) plays movies fine while in park and I do not have the rear entertainment either (VES).

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it to work!!
The navigation book said that with an auto transmission it just had to be in park and with a manual transmission you had to set the parking brake. Even though I have the auto tranny I just set the parking brake and like magic the video and other prompts appeared. So much for instructions. Thanks to the 300C forum it saved me a trip to the dealer. Thanks for the replys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts