Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Can someone please point me to the removal procedure for the cover that runs between the dashpad and the windshield and which covers the front speakers on a 2011 (and probably other years).

I think the speakers are loose or the retainers on the cover are.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Flat bladed screwdriver, and pry the cover off.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Oh, and if you have a center speaker, disconnect that sucker, because it kills stereo separation.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I looked at this, it seemed as if the pillar covers stopped it from being lifted up and out. Those don't need to be removed first?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have had all three speaker covers off on my 07 with no issues.

Reactions: developerx

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Can someone please point me to the removal procedure for the cover that runs between the dashpad and the windshield and which covers the front speakers on a 2011 (and probably other years).
There is a Dodge Charger video that shows how to do that. It's pretty simple. Let me see if I can Google that. I'm not sure this is the same video I used, but it looks pretty close:

07 is a 1st gen like my 05 was. This is an 11, 2nd gen. Not sure if there is a difference...
It sure is! First you pull off the rubber door seal near the A pillars. Then you take off the pillar covers on both sides, being careful to unhook whatever the safety clip is on those. Then the speaker cover can be pried off since it's just on with clips. The speakers themselves are pretty close to the windshield and require a very short or 90 deg screwdriver to remove.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The video was a GREAT help. I see how it's done now, so I'm going to give it a shot. In the meantime, I got a set of pry-tools, so they should help, but it doesn't look tough at all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All done. The screw that holds the entire speaker mounting bracket on the passenger side had backed out. That's now back in and it won't come out anytime soon. The trim tools came in handy for getting the pillar covers off without distorting them. I also put some soft weatherstrip around the speaker brackets to make sure nothing rattles when the volume is cranked up.

All in all, it was pretty easy to do but taking your time is the key to making it turn out right.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts