Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this front strut tower brace and CAI? It is on a vehicle on Ebay up for auction, must a be custom setup but looks great IMO

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
OH yeah that's definitely custom.....I'd contact the owner on Ebay and ask him.

That CAI looks like the same thing John Hennessey is designing from what he's explained about it thus far.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shot him a message through Ebay, we'll see...

vvv90 said:
OH yeah that's definitely custom.....I'd contact the owner on Ebay and ask him.

That CAI looks like the same thing John Hennessey is designing from what he's explained about it thus far.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Wonder how much that helps stiffen the front end. Perhaps help (a little) with the frickin window pop issue??

·
Registered
10 Posts
jjs said:
Wonder how much that helps stiffen the front end. Perhaps help (a little) with the frickin window pop issue??
you have that window popping sound too?? geez i thought there was something wrong with my car!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Looks custom (home made) to mee too. I know the racing applications with strut and Monte Carlo bars, has anyone done laps with and without these items to indeed show better lap times. Makes sense that with less body flex the suspension can work better but does that translate to a few tenths on a road course..

·
Registered
482 Posts
I haven't noticed flex being a problem with mine, but I haven't had it out on the track yet. I also haven't really pushed it that hard yet.
You don't know if there was any change to stiffen the '06's do you?

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Model 57 said:
I haven't noticed flex being a problem with mine, but I haven't had it out on the track yet. I also haven't really pushed it that hard yet.
You don't know if there was any change to stiffen the '06's do you?
The chassis strength on the 300 platform is amazing strong. Cross bracing is not necessary for normal driving.

Even though I take mine to the track every now and then (going again next week), I have no plans to cross brace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts