Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to park my car with the front wheels turned all the way to the left. When I returned to the car, I noticed the wheel leans (the top is leaning away from the car). I have gotten obsessed with this....the lean is really pronounced. Neither my other cars or my truck do this; or, at least it is not obvious.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I always heard it was bad on the suspension to leave your car parked like that, or prop'd up on a curb..??

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
frank 29, I don't know if you've had the right pull issues that some of us have, but here is a thread with camber info to check out... specifically Joey's post # 13 with diagrams.

Hope it's helpful.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
300PMP said:
I always heard it was bad on the suspension to leave your car parked like that, or prop'd up on a curb..??
Maybe it is; I don't know...in any event, I don't, as a rule, park like that..it was a fluke that resulted in bugging the heck out of me. Can one of you guys turn your wheel to one extreme and look at the wheel? If yours is like mine, the lean will be very obvious.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Frank, It is engineered to lean like that, so that you will have a better tire contact patch through the twisties.

Want to borrow a Paxil? :) >>>>>>>>>>>>>Dixie

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
dont worry

Unless it on the ground don't worry. Its made that way. I was worried to but i was told its part of the Mercedec designed suspension. If you look at Joeys first pic it is leaning out at the top.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes This Is Normal, And Yes It Looks Odd, But Consider The Weight Of Your Hemi........it Really Is Not Good To Leave Your Wheels Turned That Way, I Do It When I Clean The Wheel Wells But The Weight Of The Engine On The Tires When Turned In Such A Manner After A Period Of Time (even 5 To Hours) Could Cause Small Areas Of Cupping In The Tire That Is Turned Outward.......so Always Try To Put Your Wheels Straight When You Park

·
Registered
381 Posts
Al,vehicles have been designed like this with the advent of radial tuned suspension which I believe came into existance around 1979.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Allright guys, I guess I'll not worry about it; but, it sure leans a lot and my other vehicles do not....oh well....

·
Registered
21 Posts
frank29 said:
I happened to park my car with the front wheels turned all the way to the left. When I returned to the car, I noticed the wheel leans (the top is leaning away from the car). I have gotten obsessed with this....the lean is really pronounced. Neither my other cars or my truck do this; or, at least it is not obvious.

Is this normal?
[Had the same problem with the Eibach springs, noone seems to make alignment kets for the 300. I did get the back aligned and adusted the Toe in the front. My caster and camber are out in the front, and the lean bothers me too]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts