Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can anyone help me find a solution to my front window problem
It affects both sides, when I try to close them they wil go a inch or two then either stop or wind back down. If I press the switch and pull the window up at the same time it will go up. The wierd thing is , is that it is worst when the car is moving, or if it’s raining. All the locks are working fine. Just the darn windows won’t go all the way up without help
Cheers
Corascate

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
The circuit for the window motor is detecting too much current draw making it think that it is pinching an object (like a head or hand). Try lubricating the rubber of the channels that the glass slides in with a spray silicon-type lube. Protect against over-spray on the doors and the like.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Corascate:

How are you making out with solving your window problem?
|

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Desiree
I did them as you said on Saturday and they now work perfectly. Thanks for your input, it is very much appreciated
Corascate

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Hi Desiree
I did them as you said on Saturday and they now work perfectly. Thanks for your input, it is very much appreciated
Corascate
You are welcome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Morning, I am having the same issue, windows are pretty slow going up and down, and I also have the problem of the window hesitating then going down not up.. Can you tell me exactly where to spray the lube please? Do I put the windows fully down and just spray where they sit in the channel between the door and window? Will this not result in lube all over the windows every time they are move up and down? Sorry for the silly questions, I just don't want the on going nightmare of smeared windows for months... thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
What has happened is the fuzzy, felt-like coating within the glass guide channel has worn away causing the glass to be in contact with the rubber of the glass guide, raising friction between the glass and guide.
With the window down, spray inside the channel that guides the glass at the rear, top, and front of the window frame. Use a paper towel at the tip of the spray applicator to minimize overspray inside and outside the car, and spray as easy as you can manage.
Then clean the glass with a good glass cleaner and you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Ok 2 things first make sure the inside glass is clean. Then roll the window down holding the button down when it hits all the way down hold the button an additional 10 seconds that resets the window and usually works for me.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Also if spraying anything make sure it is silicone otherwise petroleum based products will cause the rubber to swell I would try the reset first :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts