Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the amber bulbs on the front wing turn signal repeaters to chrome/amber and am not sure how to get the lens off. I've looked at the manual but it shows a round lens cover and says a "twist off" method. I don't want to break it ..so does anyone know how they can be removed and the bulb changed?

ta

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Bruno,

but it's this one

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
If it's like repeaters I've changed on other cars I think you may have to unclip the trim under the wheel arch and reach up there behing the repeater. Should be a case of squeezing the back end clips together and popping out... if it's the same as others I done :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Removal of side indicators

Hi Ian

I have replaced these and yes at first it seems a bit daunting so I told my mate at the garage and he just went up pushed the lens towards the rear of the car and the front popped out then just pulled out, he then replaced the bulb and as the Haynes manual says fitting is the reverse.
I have the chrome turn bulbs in it and I must admit it does look good.

Cheers

Stig
:)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
its a piece of cake,no taking any sh1tguards off,just push it to the rear of car and pull the front edge out

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for that Guys,
I've just done them and they look sooooo much better with chrome/ambers in. Just one thing to remember though, the drivers side lens slides towards the back of the car and the passenger side lens slides towards the front of the car, both by about 2-3mm.

I've just found some on eBay here

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nice one guys, glad we don't need to move the 'sh1tguards' cos I normally end up snapping at least one plastic clip! lol.

I may even pop onto that generic auction internet web site mentioned above and purchase some crome bulbs now :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
anyone know the number of those bulbs? where can i get clear/stealth ones?

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Nice one guys, glad we don't need to move the 'sh1tguards' cos I normally end up snapping at least one plastic clip! lol.

I may even pop onto that generic auction internet web site mentioned above and purchase some crome bulbs now :)
they dont snap,they stretch and dont fit back in flush.Replacement is the only way if you're at all finnicky,no-one has noticed mine(except me)so it doesnt matter

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
they dont snap,they stretch and dont fit back in flush.Replacement is the only way if you're at all finnicky,no-one has noticed mine(except me)so it doesnt matter
I snapped em on my 3 series and 5 series. So had to replace em. If they stretch on the 300C then I do NOT wanna go near them cos I know that I'd just leave them stretched. I'm a bit lazy that way and only do something if I really want to or have to.

Thanks for the heads up though. It's great having someone on here who not only owns a 300C but has all the experience you have with cars in general.

I bet your one of these proper guys who can listen to an engine and give you a good stab in the dark as to whats wrong with it rather than the techs most dealers have these days - sorry sir, we need to put it on the diagnostic machine for a day to see whats wrong with it.... how much will that cost?... oh it'll be £90+VAT an hour sir... just to tell me whats wrong?... Yes sir, we can't just start the engine, listen to it and guess at whats wrong!

:pat:

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
yeah,you got it,but sometimes you have to put the car through the diag just to see which one of many sensors are down,we only charge £35+vat,no matter what car it is,plus we only charge the £35 if we can actually fix the car.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I had a busted head gasket on my V8 7er and my local dealer told me they had to leave it on the machine for a day at their full hourly rate! I had a polite argument with them over the phone and told them where to go. Went down to a garage owned by a guy who was highly recommended on the 7er forum in Aberdeen. He asked if I had the car with me, told me to start her up, pop the bonnet and let him have a listen... sounds like your head gasket he said. £200 quid later it was all sorted :)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
that beemer garage are talking b0ll0x,a diag will not tell you if the head gaskets gone,it just reads info from sensors and ecu,its so easy to tell if a head gaskets gone just like the other mechanic did.We dont charge for any diagnostics unless we have to use the diag machine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts