Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Im sure this isn't just generalized to the 300 Cs. But it seems pretty damn common. You would think by now automakers would have this figured out. The hazing and yellowing of headlight housings. Ford and GM from back in the day is when I really started to notice it. Mustangs and ford in general always seemed to be the worst. Withthe quality of Chrysler and Mopar in general I'm really surprised this is happening [

Enough ranting. I have a 2006 300 C that I've owned for the past 4 us years. It had the optional HIDs. They are awesome and I love them. I noticed several years ago that they were starting to frost over a bit. Mainly on the passenger side first. When I noticed it I immediately picked up some headlight cleaner/restorer type products. I tried just about everything but to no avail. It has got increasingly worse over the years. Now the driver side is frosting. It has gotten bad enough where it is hindering the performance and clarity of the passanger side and the driver side is not far behind.

I looked around and I've seen some used sets here and there with similar issues. I figured I would check how much stock setups would cost. I knew being a factory setup that OEM parts would be super expensive and sure as sh!t they are around $500 a piece.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to the forum. New HID's aren't cheap. What brand headlight restorer did you use? I've done it with my 06 300 C SRT8 with one of the cheapo kits and they actually came out "fairly" nice. Up close you can see they're not by any means perfect, but they now put out a lot more light than they did before. I've heard that some of the higher end kits work a lot better too.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Mine were pretty bad. I restored them by sanding with 400, 800, 1500, and 2500 grit wetordry, then polishing with Plast-X. Came out really well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts