Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 300s
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 300S. I live in Maine. when I parked my car outside, every a.m I went to leave my steering wheel is stuck in position. I’d get in and start it and could put it in drive and reverse But can not turn the wheel. If I hit my auto starter while I’m inside and let it run for 15min with heater inside blowing full blast I might be able to get in and leave immediately or I have to back up and forth a few times N sit for a few more mins and eventually it “unlocks” and can drive off. Idk what deal is. Winters almost over so it won’t be a problem much longer but would like to know what issue is. Thx

·
Registered
2016 300s
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could dig up research but it’s easier to ask. Lol. Is it Something that needs immediate attention and could “go” randomly.. possibly locking steering while driving?? Or is it something that I can fix later.

·
Registered
2016 300s
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on steering. Took it to Chrysler last week and got all stick no carrot. I got a $3000 bill. I need an entirely new steering rack. It’s a special order part where I am and it’s 5 weeks on back order. So I’m parking it for a bit till I come up with money..I’ve had car for year this month and other then tires and oil changes this is first repair I’ve had to do. It’s upsetting obv never want to see numbers like that on repair estimate but in one year it’s been an above average vehicle and I’m still smitten with her. Anyone got an extra steering rack ya know just kicking around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts