Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok let me get to the story

Take the car in as Sirus is only working about 10% of the time. Dealer calls me back and tells me there is an internal failure of the deck and that it needs to be replaced. Ok so fine order the new deck call me when it is in so you can swap it. No we need to send the old one back to get it repaired. So they keep my car for 2 days and give me a call and say the car is done. Look at invoice says there was internal failure in deck, replaced with new unit.

This is where it gets good. I ask the manager if I need to re-program U-connect and call Sirus again to get it re-activated he says yes. So I get in the car and turn on the radio to get Sirus ( I know it's not supposed to work yet as it has not been activated) but it still says No Signal. I get the ID number and call Sirus to re-activate the new deck, ..... he states that this is the same ID number that is already on record with them... So now I back to the car to try to Pair the phone again with U-Connect, guess what it's already paired, I am thinking wow, so I eject my CD's all of them which were in the same original slots as before which I found very weird that if you swap decks and you are able to remember exactly which slot each of the customers cd's were in. and lastly all of my points of intrest and Nav settings were all exactly the same as before..... So guess what they put the same exact deck back in my car and stated it was a new deck, dealer says there must have been a mix-up on the exchange. How, why if they supposedly had to send the unit back to be repaired would it be possible to put the exact same deck back in the car.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
That is just unbelieveable! They would never send the unit back with the CDs in it, etc., and I absolutely certain they would not have recorded which CDs went where.

Time to find a new dealer... AFTER they give you a new head unit!

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
you never said whether the problem was fixed.....new deck or not. maybe they found something else wrong? If it's fixed now who cares what it was?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Issue was never fixed, same issue still occurs that caused me to bring it in

·
Registered
626 Posts
That is just unbelieveable! They would never send the unit back with the CDs in it, etc., and I absolutely certain they would not have recorded which CDs went where.

Time to find a new dealer... AFTER they give you a new head unit!

What Tim said. You can never expect that dealer to do anything right after this.

But Tim, is it really unbelievable? Sadly, stories like this about Chrysler dealers aren't that uncommon. :pat:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update... New Deck Installed ( sattelite still does not work, and new deck will not play cd's yes brand new cd's that are pristine purchased from the store. I can't get through one song on any disc without a cd error. So basically I was given the wrong deck in the 1st place, the 2nd one doesn't play cd's or satellite and now all I have is basically an am/fm player, and my gearshift lever ( leather was ripped while at dealer)

·
Registered
69 Posts
:pat: I've had to go without tunes before, I know your mad. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
430 Posts
Time to crush that managers skull

1 - 8 of 8 Posts