Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car serviced last week and picked it up on Friday. I thought the car was sluggish but as it was Sydney Peak hour traffic and didn't think much of it. I played around with the EVIC (as I usually do stuck in traffic) and notice the fuel consumption was in the low 16's (L/100kms). This was strange as I am normally between 19 & 20L and the Odometer was the same when I picked it up (meaning no one borrowed my car for a few days). I don't think the EVIC was reset as normally the consumption sky rockets for the first few days.

My wife drove the car on the weekend and also made the comment the car went like a slug and seems to bog down when you "hit it". After 3 days of driving, the consumption is still between 16 - 17L.

Has anyone experienced this and do you think the sluggishness is related to the lower consumption? I'm going to pull fuse 11 tomorrow and see if that makes a difference but I still think it's all a bit weird.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
I got my car serviced last week and picked it up on Friday. I thought the car was sluggish but as it was Sydney Peak hour traffic and didn't think much of it. I played around with the EVIC (as I usually do stuck in traffic) and notice the fuel consumption was in the low 16's (L/100kms). This was strange as I am normally between 19 & 20L and the Odometer was the same when I picked it up (meaning no one borrowed my car for a few days). I don't think the EVIC was reset as normally the consumption sky rockets for the first few days.

My wife drove the car on the weekend and also made the comment the car went like a slug and seems to bog down when you "hit it". After 3 days of driving, the consumption is still between 16 - 17L.

Has anyone experienced this and do you think the sluggishness is related to the lower consumption? I'm going to pull fuse 11 tomorrow and see if that makes a difference but I still think it's all a bit weird.
normally if the car is sluggish it will use more fuel as you will have to use use more throttle to make the car move.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
They may have reset the adaptives & left it idling for a while. Normally they'll pull a heap of fuel out when you do this, hence everyone recommends some spirited driving after a reset (same as fuse 11 pull)
Should come good after that.

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It seems to be a little more responsive now and consumption is creeping up slowly.

I think pulling fuse 11 and giving the car to my wife for the weekend who will be driving her sister from Melbourne around (another lead foot) should blow the cobwebs out :scared:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks guys. It seems to be a little more responsive now and consumption is creeping up slowly.

I think pulling fuse 11 and giving the car to my wife for the weekend who will be driving her sister from Melbourne around (another lead foot) should blow the cobwebs out :scared:

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
Mr225 do you really let the missus drive the car :scared:

OMG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts