Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your Fuel Mileage Estimates here.

I am very interested in getting the 300C this October when my Maxima lease is up. I get very poor mileage in the Maxima (16-17 city), and since fuel prices have gone up, upgrading to a big V8 is making me really nervous.

What are you guys getting city/hwy?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, if 17 city is poor, then a 300C might probably not be for you. That's about what you'll get with the C give or take a couple mpg with city driving.
I came from a truck that was getting 10-11 mpg city/hwy so in my
mind, I'm getting superb gas mileage. Haven't had mine on a long hwy trip yet, but I don't see why it can't get 27 or so on the hwy. But, you are probably getting that with your Maxima.
Really, if you want high gas mileage, you need to look at the hybrids coming out. Yeah, the power isn't there, but the mileage is bigtime. The only thing is, I heard that the wait on a Prius is now over 12 months. :eek:
I live in an area that has many hills and rural roads and I'm averaging about 17.5. Then again, I only have 300 miles on it too.
As always, YMMV ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I read an article last week, that the hybreds are not getting the advertised gas mileage. Buyers are hoping mad about it. All of the hybreds are getting 20 - 25% lower MPG, than what is advertised. Definately YMMV situation.
Folks in hilly regions will not get near the advertised hybred MPG. A.C. forget it. The article said that hybred MPG estimates were achived on indoor stationary tests, where wind resistance was not a factor. With the $25 -2800 extra for the hybreds, after five years owners would not save enough from fuel savings to make the investment pay off. One owner figured that he would save only $340.

Unless there is a hybred with at least 2-250 H.P. and is in the mid-size class (or larger), I will not be interested. I need a vehicle to be more than a glorified golf cart. A vehicle that would make pulling out into an interstate traffic stream less life threatening. Hybreds might be okay as a second car, used just for cross-town trips to work. But as my only vehicle, no way Jose. No enough H.P., size and styling. Not enough for a comfortable long cross-country trip.

After the 5.7L Hemi breaks in, I think that drivers may be able to achieve 28-30 MPG on long interstate trips. On my 300M, my MPG record was 32-33 MPG. And that was with the A.C. going.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I only have about 450 miles on it so far, and of that maybe 75-100 were highway. I'm only getting 16-17 MPG. Considering my Bonnie gets 21-22 in the same conditions, I was expecting a little better. Hoping the MPG will improve over time...

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I was buying a vehicle purely for gas savings, I would go with a diesel. Fuel cost is less and mileage is better. Before the 300C came out I was also waiting for the new VW Tourege V10 Turbo deisel. 300+ HP and around 560 Ft-lbs. The only missing piece to the puzzel was price and a third row seat. Chances are it would be too expensive anyway so here I am waiting on a 300C and counting the MDS system as a resionable mileage solution.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, guys i'm not looking for a car based purely on fuel savings. I, however, will not purchase a car that gets 13-14mpg, regardless of how good it looks.

I barely get 22mpg on the hwy with my Maxima, so the 300C getting at least that would make me happier. I am not interested in a hybrid.

Is anyone getting 18-19mpg in city driving? What was the highest mpg did anyone get on the hwy?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Linux23 said:
LOL, guys i'm not looking for a car based purely on fuel savings. I, however, will not purchase a car that gets 13-14mpg, regardless of how good it looks.

I barely get 22mpg on the hwy with my Maxima, so the 300C getting at least that would make me happier. I am not interested in a hybrid.

Is anyone getting 18-19mpg in city driving? What was the highest mpg did anyone get on the hwy?

I think that you should take a look at the Acura TL it gets 20 mpg in the city 28-30 mpg on the highway, from a V6 with 270 hp. Only bad thing is that its front wheel driven, like your maxima.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, coming in to work today I reset my gas mileage comp. and then checked it about 3 miles later(no stop lights and cruising at 60). It said
38.something miles to the gallon! :eek:
Almost hybrid territory! lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why is this turning into a Hybrid car thread. I would not buy a hybrid until gas prices reach an astronical level.

Seriously, I love this car, and I just want to get a feel for the fuel economy that you guys are getting.

PS: I would never, ever, buy a FWD car again. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, I have about 1300 miles on my 300C so far. I got 25 MPG on the highway( 75 MPH) and I am getting about 16 to 17 around town. I love my 300C. Fast Comfortable and good looking.The only thing that bothers me is that the passanger front seat is manual recline. :) :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
MOMO said:
I think that you should take a look at the Acura TL it gets 20 mpg in the city 28-30 mpg on the highway, from a V6 with 270 hp. Only bad thing is that its front wheel driven, like your maxima.
I looked at the TL, it's a great looking car with excellent performance and maybe a touch more luxurious than the 300C. It was the outstanding look and the HEMI that sold me on the C.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
markd said:
Well, I have about 1300 miles on my 300C so far. I got 25 MPG on the highway( 75 MPH) and I am getting about 16 to 17 around town. I love my 300C. Fast Comfortable and good looking.The only thing that bothers me is that the passanger front seat is manual recline. :) :)
Now this is the feedback that i'm looking for. :) 25MPG is outstanding to me. I think that after a few thousand miles more, you'll be gettiing close to 30. My Maxima barely does 20MPG on the HWY.

Keep em comin guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With only 1100 miles, I have gotten 24.3 highway and 17.1 combined driving to work and back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I now have about 1600 miles on my 300C and have seen highway gas mileage from 25-27 mpg. Seems that I can squeeze the best gas mileage out around 70-75 MPH. City driving yields between 20-22 MPG. This assumes limited hot rodding which is hard to do sometmes. These numbers are pretty good.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
GMLind said:
If I was buying a vehicle purely for gas savings, I would go with a diesel. Fuel cost is less and mileage is better. Before the 300C came out I was also waiting for the new VW Tourege V10 Turbo deisel. 300+ HP and around 560 Ft-lbs. The only missing piece to the puzzel was price and a third row seat. Chances are it would be too expensive anyway so here I am waiting on a 300C and counting the MDS system as a resionable mileage solution.
I agree on the diesel but in the Toureg you only get about 2 mpg more, but lots of torque. The MB E320D gets 27/37 and is getting 40 in real world testing beats the gas model to sixty and puts out 369 torque. Starts at about 50K!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took my first extended hwy trip and averaged 22.5 mpg @ 75-80 mph. I have abt 1300 miles on my 300C. Not too shabby. City driving has been closer to 17 - 18 mpg so far.

1 - 20 of 398 Posts