Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks, well I need to change the fuel filter, I'm not sure if it's ever been changed but I do know that I've had the car for 6 years and close to 100,000 miles and I've never changed it. It's a 2006 300c 5.7 V8 and that thing under the rear drivers side seat that is apparently the door to the gas tank and fuel filter, that thing is stuck big time. Or maybe there is a certain trick to getting that thing open. I have the service manual and there is nothing in the entire 7000+ pages about how to get that door thing open. I've tried everything short of jackhammering it. Please don't tell me to watch that one video on youtube because that is a 2015 and it's totally different. If one of you knows the secret to getting to the tank and filter through that weird looking thing please respond asap. And I say asap because the cylinders are misfiring and massive white smoke pouring out the tail pipes. I've done everything else except fuel filter, pump and regulator so it's gotta be that. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what it looks like and now the metal is starting to chip off instead of sliding around to get loose. It’s like a rusty bolt that won’t break free only 10 times worse.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think you can even get a tool for opening them, but most people just use a blunt chisel or something and hammer it until it starts to turn and comes loose. I can't see how this would cause your white smoke issue though I'm afraid, I think you're looking in the wrong place.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I agree with the above poster. You need actual diagnosis, not throw parts at it.
1. There isn't a serviceable filter.
2. There is a tool. (Pretty simple to Google "fuel pump lock ring tool")
3. Hit it harder. You have to hit it hard enough to clear the detent.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys thank you for replying. So after hours and hours of hammering with every object in my garage it finally broke loose. I believe the metal ring was stuck/melted to the white plastic. P0300 multiple misfires is the code and I’ve already checked all the spark plugs, coils, injectors and fixed the leak with the O ring on the EGR tube. Code is still there and the car still sounds horrible with shaking and strange clicking or ticking noise and white smoke. I’m changing the fuel filter and pump because it’s never been done and it’s also the next thing on the list for the code. If you guys have an idea of what is causing the smoke, I’m all ears. Thanks again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check the fuel pressure first.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts