Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2014 chrysler 300s had similar issue. It is now at my local mechanic I've gone to for ages.
I PRIOR NOTICED AWFUL GAS SMELL OUTSIDE AND INSIDE OF CAR.
Bent down with a flash light and checked to see visible gas leak, SPOTTED IT.
The road sound deafening panel was SOAKED from backseats to the trunk.

Mechanic called on my lunch break just now and said there is a leak where my electronics plugs into my fuel pump.
MAJOR FIRE ISSUE.
Why does chrysler Capitol not see this?
Will be calling them to make complaint!

If you smell gas, address it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello and thanks for the information on this topic. I have a '16 300S AWD that i recently took to the dealership after it had died on me on the way to work. They replaced the fuel pump and the car was driven 17 miles to my home and parked in the garage. Once I returned from the Memorial Day weekend, I noticed that the garage and house smelled of gasoline. I pulled the car out of the garage and began looking for signs of a leak. I noticed the sound deadening panel on the left side was visibly saturated with gas(discolored) and began taking pictures. I even took pictures of the fuel drips and the spots on the concrete. I contacted the dealership and they picked the car back up. Within 2 hours they called to tell me there was no fuel leak, nor evidence of a leak and that it was in fact "residual" fuel from when the pump had been changed. Seems odd to release a vehicle to a customer with uncontained gasoline present......

I picked the car up and drove it back to my home 17 miles away and again parked it in the garage. The next morning went to the gas station to fill the car up and drove back home(9 miles round trip). A couple hours later I began smelling gasoline. I looked under the car again checking the sound deadening panel and to my surprise, it was wet with gas again.
I took a video of this and contacted the owner of the dealership personally via phone. I left a voicemail with him and have no gotten a return call as of 4 days later.

Meanwhile my car is sitting at the top of my driveway while I am trying to determine my next move to correct this serious safety concern. I have read several things online regarding possible resolution, one of which being legal action. I am a mechanic by trade and I know that I could correct the problem, however, it is not my position to repair a defect that a dealership was paid a fee to do.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts